No Digital Signature?

steve350

I am new to the forum. Hello to everyone. I have a Terratec DMX-6Fire Sound Card in my P4 computer running Windows XP.
When I installed the new Dmx driver off their website, I received an error message about no digital signature. There were options and I chose to disregard and continue. The board seemed to be working fine until I loaded a demo version of Sonar. Sonar gave me the same sound board error message.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

"Sonar gave me the same sound board error message. "
Are you sure it was the same message?
More likely it was something like "there is a problem... or the device is used by another application"?
Ignore Sonars warning. Get into Sonars menu Options/Audio and check "share drivers...". Close Sonar and re-open it.
Let us know if...
A: That fixes it.
B: Is there another soundchip on your pc or just the 6Fire?
C: If another soundchip, what is Windows using for Audio Sound Recording and Playback in the Windows Control Panel/Sounds... ?

I have theory that if your studio soundcard/chip is the only audio device, or the one selected in Windows sounds, it is being used by Windows Sound Mapper (which routes Windows system sounds to the selected sound device), hence Sonars error message.
I have no idea why "share drivers" is not the DEFAULT when Sonar is first installed.

You're correct to ignore Windows Driver Signing warning. Not many music sound cards have signed drivers.

I have had the same warning when I installed my Delta 1010lt card...The Drivers were not digitaly signed....Will this hurt my pc running XP latter on?

steve350 said:
I am new to the forum. Hello to everyone. I have a Terratec DMX-6Fire Sound Card in my P4 computer running Windows XP.
When I installed the new Dmx driver off their website, I received an error message about no digital signature. There were options and I chose to disregard and continue. The board seemed to be working fine until I loaded a demo version of Sonar. Sonar gave me the same sound board error message.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Like Massive Master says, it doesn't mean squat.

Just ignore it and move on. The drivers will work just fine.

Back