NI guitar rig

GR is the only modeler I use nowadays when I use modelers (increasingly seldom).

For clean pop-ish tones, I think it beats every other modeler I've ever heard - blows the POD out of the water.

It's so-so for dirty blues kinda stuff - that is to say it doesn't suck any more than every other modeler.:) (I think a good blues tone with just a little dirt on it is the hardest thing for a modeler to pull off).

It does crunchy rock stuff quite well. Again: waaay better than the POD IMO.

If you need really heavy high gain stuff it's definitely not for you.

The only other downside is it's noisier than most other modelers, and it's a huge CPU hog.

Chris

just got the 1.2 update and it has a 'metal' bank! :D

so far I think this thing is pretty sweet.. even the wah isn't bad.. I guess it's a cpu hog because it needs such low latency.. it's worth it though.. I like the way it feedsback..

I gave up on trying to download that update - the website was not liking me for some reason and I hate getting on the phone. I'm kinda curious to hear those high gain sounds though, even though I don't use that stuff much.

If they could get a boutique amp in there that sounded decent, I'd be pretty excited.

Chris

how much was the pedal?

They need a better demo at the sight too.

I haven't heard, used or tried it, but all the magazine reviews liked it.

I think out of the modelers it is one of the better ones. Nothing beats a great amp in a great room mic'ed up well, but that can't always happen. I had a POD that I hated, but I'm liking the guitar rig a lot more. I think a lot has to do w/ the player feeling comfortable with it and with tweaking it a lot.

Back