Newest Darth Mix....CRANKIT!!!!!!!

a definate keeper!

I think the bass and guitars could come up slightly. The drums are very prominent.

Great job

Alec

Darth,
everything is clean and sleek as with all of your productions. You really know how to capture the sound that these bands are doing. I agree that the rhythm guitars could use a boost, unless of course you mixed them further back on purpose. Anyhow I think it would rock a little harder with a little more guitar up front. Not like you need to hear it from me but Great work man.

Ditto Wirenecks comments and the song is killer darth.The vocal harmonies are great as always and the structure of the tune is perfect.Great dynamics.Is this feable weiner?

Sounds excellent, as always. Drums sound great, as do the vocal tracks. I think the rhythm guitar could be brought up quite a bit though.

As a whole, this is great, but I think 49% is still better. To me, that will be one of these best "home" recordings, ever.

ROCK IT!

I've uploaded a new version, with the guitars louder in certain parts....after listening I totally agree with all of you! The link is still the same.

Thank you guys SO SO SO much for the advice, you guys always help me so much on catching things that I always miss!

Darth
www.feableweiner.com

yes, it sounds better now that you have the rhythm guitars further up in the mix. Excellent work Darth.

Dawgggg, that's some clean sh#t U got workin'!!!! Vocals tite, melody strong, Oooooooooooooh, the solo is workin!!!
"I'm holdin on, I'm holdin on, I'm holdin on... to you!!!"

Wooooooooo, baby!!! U da man!!!

This joint is ON POINT!!!!!

very impressive!!! could you give us some information on what equipment you used?

i don't know if this really could be improved in any (objective) way. i myself would turn the snare down a tad and the guitar solo up a bit (and maybe add a few highs with the EQ) to make it stand out more, but i guess that's not really sth wrong, more a matter of taste.

are you using auto-tune on those vocals? If not, this might just be a freak thing. On the line "late at night I reminise - and wonder if I'll ever kiss" the word kiss sounds kinda unnatural (It snaps it to that note a little too hard). Other than that it sounds absolutely amazing.

Hey Man. Cool tune you're working on. Check out the vocal level from 0:59 to 1:08. Maybe a little low???

I have a question: how much production influence are you having on these guys? They're starting to sound like another band I know. :)

Nice job, as usual!

Hey bud...it's mostly great, as expected...but you might wanna' hone in on some of the compression artifacts on the vocal.

:46 "FFFFFor so long"
:51 "someTTTTHHHHHing real" (sounds like sylvester the cat here)

I'm not gonna' get all POINT OUT EVERY SPOT on ya', but you might listen to the vocal again and see if you hear any weirdness.

Oh, and I didn't read the thread, so if you explained it already, my apologies...but it's the only distracting thing I found.

chrisharris said:
Hey bud...it's mostly great, as expected...but you might wanna' hone in on some of the compression artifacts on the vocal.

:46 "FFFFFor so long"
:51 "someTTTTHHHHHing real" (sounds like sylvester the cat here)

:-) I was thinking the same thing, about Sylvester. :)

this is truly amazing work, considering it came from a home studio. i'm very impressed. i, too, think the rhythm guitar could come up, especially during the chorus, it sounds like a vox/drum solo kinda deal. i'm just nitpicking though. this is tremendous. good work.

justin

Back