newcomer

SIRDUFFY

My band just broke up and I've been left with the makings of a good home recording studio (minus the actual recording gear itself). I own a 24 channel powered desk, 2 power amps(1600 and 800), 2 monitors, a Behringer thirty...something band stereo graphic EQ, an alesis compressor, behringer noise gates, an Alesis midi-verb 4, an iMac computer and a very cool front house speaker system. I own a drum kit (drummer by trade!), bass guitar, electronic piano, electric and acoustic guitars and of course amps for all of them. (marshall and carlsbro). I need to know what should be my next step in setting up my studio? I have about 170 square feet of studio space. Any suggestions? Thank you.

I'm not sure how to attach drawings to messages. Basically its a rectangular room, about 9' x 18' with a low roof (8'). Theres also only one window. Our ex-sound engineer told me that the amount of glass in a room can affect your sound?

Definitly check out the SAE site above - it will teach you everything you need to know. I think there is even a plan for a similar size/shape room there.

Hey - Welcome to homewreckers! This board is a great place to ask question when you get stuck.

Kevin.

I gave the sites a quick glance (I'm at work still so I hav'nt got a chance to study them properly yet). They seem great- no technical jargon (which I'm learning pretty quickly, teacher, I swear!). Thanks alot. keep the advice coming if you think of anything else you can tell me. Hopefully I'll be discussing the nitty gritty with you guys soon! Thanks again.

Back