CMK

Hi,

Brand new member. I've been to this forum a number of times but never registered. Thought I'd jump in and give this a shot. May be painful, but let me know what you think. Thanks mk

Attachments

• Love Will Find A Way 2.mp3
    3 MB · Views: 14
Hey there, interesting style to this one. I'd like a few more hooks personally, in the melodies. Just didn't jump out and grab me is all. The production isn't bad, the guitars sound real clear. The drums are real busy! Nice harmonies at the end. I'd listen to more of your stuff.

midget,

Thanks for the input. The drums are busy. Since I'm not using not using a live player and not a drummer, I'm still working through the process. Same can be said about production. More stuff to post at some point, again, thanks for taking the time to listen and post. cmk

I thought the singing and playing were good.

In the verses I'm noticing a buildup in what seems to be the 500hz - 1000hz octave. Just a general cloudiness. I think a lot of that is coming from the bass.

The vocal is lacking a bit of clarity.

And yeah I'd tame the drums. It's kind of an easy-going piece of music. The drums should be supporting it - not trying to be the center of attention.

This is really cool. I appreciate the insights. This project started as many songs do, as a lick, the opening refrain. Struggled with where to go since it wasn't my normal songwriting pattern. All this to say that maybe the "lack of hooks" could be the result of how it started and where it went.

I go the message re: the drum track, working on a solution. I will re-listen to the verses to see about the "cloudiness".

At this point I'm not sure I understand the lack of clarity in the vocals. Any additional thoughts? There are a lot of doubled tracks and I'm only applying verb at the group level but maybe I'm way off track here. Thanks again for everyones input. I'll work on this one and I hope to have another track to post shortly. cmk

Back