assin

guys I,am a blues guitarist for 35 years I,have a lot of cassettes tapes..I want to make digital copys of my tapes,I,ve tried a lot of the restoration programs..all I,get is crazy noises on the cd,Iproduce from the tapes can you tell me the equipment I,need and a good sound card ..I,,have a intergrated sound on my mobo ''yo'' everbody I,am lost................................assin

A new soundcard might help. I know my built in was crap.

Would you be using your computer for recording yourself singing, playing, etc., too?

It's not the soundcard. I suspect you are not burning RedBook audio CDs so if a standard audio CD tries to play one it's a bunch of gibberish.

What are you using to burn the CDs and how do you have it set?

Good point, AlChuck.

Assin, how do the audio files sound before you put it on CD? Does the corruption occur during the transfe to the computer or to the CD?

The first thing to do is to play back the result over the PC speakers and see if it sounds like the tape. If it does not, the recording process has a problem.

If it sounds the same, then the CD burning process has an issue.

I use a boombox with the headphone output connect to the Line in on the sound card. I have a $12 program I use to do the recording. The result sounds just like the tape.

Ed

It is just a simple recording software tool. Somewhat basic in format, but can slice and dice a number of ways. Very quick to use. I also have a number of high end products for sound as well, but many times this simple tool is just what is needed.

Called TotalRecorder from :

http://www.highcriteria.com/

Ed

hello everyone

I,don't have a sound card but the..intergraited one on the motherboard..a little light huh''can you guys recomend some not so,high price sound cards and a good audio editor for my tapes...thanks for your help guys

something wrong

AlChuck said:
Read my lips... it's not the soundcard or soundchip -- you are do

al..I,am new to this burning but what can I ,be doing wrong I,am picking up a lot of noise in what ever I,do makeing audio cd I,am useing music match and ..roxio...nero..all the same result so it must be in the computer...if you can please help me with this problem

How are you getting the tape into the computer? That would be the first thought of mine and I think that's what AlChuck was driving at. Are you going Tape player to line-in or Mic-in?

Once it's recorded, does it sound fine when played, in say, windows media player? Remember, when you record, to keep it simple, make sure the recorder is set to 16-bit, 44,100 HZ. Also, make sure you are recording to .wav.

How does it sound when played INSIDE the computer, PRIOR to burning to CDR? And what is your process for recording.

Back