Newbie! Please & Thank You... now with addy!

msb3671

Cheeto Lover
I've got six tunes out. Here's 'Leave Me Alone (My Doctor Says To)'. I had fun!

(This is now my thread for the song 'Leave Me Alone', as it seems to be the one most listened to. Also, I'm figgering out how this board works. Thanks!)

Listen, if you would, and tell me what you hear.
Peace, Love & Thanks!

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7283373

Matty Sebastian

Attachments

• Me3.jpg
    Me3.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hi Matty..

The good stuff

I listened to "leave me alone"...not a bad song Matt...nice guitar sound and playing...well recorded and produced...interesting vocal

The bad stuff

The guitar solo needs bringing up in the mix...some backing vocals to yourself would take this song to the next level...

Overall, a good effort! Catch yah on the boards...bob

Thanks Bob. Yeah, the solo is beefed.

There are 3 vocals on there, but not well mixed. I want to re-record this song, as my skills have improved(I think!) over time. Leave Me Alone was a first try.

Thanks!

I listened to 'Feel My Power'. I really dug the bassline in this song. But I would do something about the backing vocals all in the left side. Bring them back to center and up under your lead vocal.

The rhythm guitars could come up a bit.

Thanks Rok. Song was written on bass; you nailed it in one! It's so much fun to play.

I'll give your panning idea a go. I never mix my vocals well - byproduct of disliking my voice!

Peace, Love & Thanks!
Matty

The principal guitar is really FIZZY. Is it a pedal direct in? Sounds like it. Giveit some mids and volume.
Your voice sound familiar - like Ferry and some one else who's a bit nasal - can't recall just now. The bvox are way too distant.
The shredding sounds ok but again thin & distant.
Pumpy bass line - might benefit from a db or 2 at 3khz & roll a little bottom off.
Good song - well worth persisting with.

The principal guitar is really FIZZY. Is it a pedal direct in? Sounds like it. Giveit some mids and volume.
Your voice sound familiar - like Ferry and some one else who's a bit nasal - can't recall just now. The bvox are way too distant.
The shredding sounds ok but again thin & distant.
Pumpy bass line - might benefit from a db or 2 at 3khz & roll a little bottom off.
Good song - well worth persisting with.

I'm guessing you listened to 'Leave Me Alone'. Yep, the guitar was direct. Everything I do is direct right now; keeps the volume down for my housemate.

At mix time I was not really adept enough at... mixing. The bass got dropped. I will redo this song one day - thanks for the tips.

Peace, Love & Thanks!
Matty

Leave me alone

The trick is getting the instruments, vocals included, to sound like they are in the same sonic space.

The guitar sound is very roomy. The drums sound direct. The vocals are too quiet, yet sound a little hot.

I can't detect any bass guitar, really. Oh wait, there it is, after the guitar solo. Maybe if it tracked the drums a little more....

The ending doesn't work for me. It should either fade or end. Not both.

Very very nice guitar work on this composition. Welcome to HR, and keep 'em coming!

I'll see what I can do in the remake mix-wise. Everything is direct right now, so that won't change anytime soon. Glad you dug the tune.

Thanks!

Back