Newbie observation.....

But we are talking about - mmmmm - talking about ..... wait. What? I'm hungry.

Wait, the lava lamp no longer......dude, I think we need a new cable or somethin..the lava stopped moving. Who ate all the Cheetos? Nevermind, I found the Fruity Pebbles. Score! :D

The science of the lava lamp is something that is very hard to grasp. All I can say is that it makes my recordings about 10 times more powerful, and I can now mix a song in 2 MINUTES FLAT thanks to my lava lamp!

Also, the closer the color of the lava lamp is to the inner colors on a rainbow (i.e. BLUE and PURPLE), the more powerful the effect of the lava lamp! I myself have a blue AND a purple one, so I'm pretty much the best at everything. :rolleyes:

:cursing: You guys are getting me off track. I just found myself searching the internet for a nice looking lava lamp instead of doing something useful. They are cheap at least.

:cursing: You guys are getting me off track. I just found myself searching the internet for a nice looking lava lamp instead of doing something useful. They are cheap at least.

But now, you have done the most useful thing ever!

Hey while you are here, got any Cool-aid? I'm thirsty. lol

ONE: 'You shall have no other lamps before the Lava Lamp, (Black Lights and eco friendly fluros included).'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a larva lamp; any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth is what it is and a home made lava lamp is neither cool nor safe.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the Lava Lamp manufacturer in vain when the Lamp fails to improve headroom on your recording.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath CD, and warm up the Larva Lamp to one of their 1st 5 records.'

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother by using the Lava Lamp they left you in their will.'

SIX: 'You shall not record with the lamp OFF.'

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adult games without the Lava Lamp being turned albiet not in close proximity to your body.'

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal someone else's Lava lamp because that's going to get you bad Karma.'

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor to get his Lava Lamp.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's DAW; you shall not covet your neighbor's interface, nor his guitar, nor his amp, nor his ox, nor his preamp, nor anything that is your neighbor's except his Lava Lamp IF it truly is better than yours.'

ONE: 'You shall have no other lamps before the Lava Lamp, (Black Lights and eco friendly fluros included).'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a larva lamp; any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth is what it is and a home made lava lamp is neither cool nor safe.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the Lava Lamp manufacturer in vain when the Lamp fails to improve headroom on your recording.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath CD, and warm up the Larva Lamp to one of their 1st 5 records.'

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother by using the Lava Lamp they left you in their will.'

SIX: 'You shall not record with the lamp OFF.'

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adult games without the Lava Lamp being turned albiet not in close proximity to your body.'

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal someone else's Lava lamp because that's going to get you bad Karma.'

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor to get his Lava Lamp.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's DAW; you shall not covet your neighbor's interface, nor his guitar, nor his amp, nor his ox, nor his preamp, nor anything that is your neighbor's except his Lava Lamp IF it truly is better than yours.'

Now I want to lobeth The Holy Handgrenade of Antioch. Count to three, three being the number of the counting. Thou shalt not count to two unless thou procedeth to three. Four is right out................

Attachments

• Lava Lamp.jpg
    Lava Lamp.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 38
It's an excellent timer. No matter what the temperature in the room is, if I plug in my tube mic and turn on the lava lamp at the same time, when the lava is flowing, the tube mic is warmed up-exactly in the same time. I once asked the same question and Harvey sent me a PM that just said,

"You don't have a Lava lamp? Get one. NOW." I bought mine the next day and never looked back. When I went to San Diego to do a shakedown session on Mo Mullen's new Pro Tools studio. I looked at her and told her she was missing a critical piece of gear, reached into my suitcase, pulled one out, and handed it to her. (I got a pair in good condition at a yard sale for $5.) Just one thing- there are many imitators out there, and if it's not a *real* Lava Lamp, it won't work. Trust me.-Richie

I agree, this is a case where the brand name is very important. There is no substitute for the real 'LAVA LAMP'.

I get them at Spencers for $19.99

I have a sweet Google Lava Lamp but it must have gotten shook in a move cause it gets all those little bubbles now :(

The thing I hate about them is the bulbs - One I bought lasted 3 days...

My wife questioned WHY I had one on my Christmas list. Sheesh. Women!

LOL....
I told my ole lady a couple hours ago that I wanted a Lava lamp for christmass..she ask me why..I said cause it says I HAVE to have one on the recording site or I won`t be able to record anything right......she just looked at me like I`m an idiot..but I`m use to that anyway so..LOL

she probley thinks i`m just getting desperate over here, and I somehow think a lava lamp will improve what i`m doing..hence..she seams to think im an idiot..but that`s okay, just wait till I get one..I`ll show her!!!

LOL

now i want to lobeth the holy handgrenade of antioch. Count to three, three being the number of the counting. Thou shalt not count to two unless thou procedeth to three. Four is right out................

one.............two..................................five!

So many lava lamps............

So little cowbell.........

It's sad, really. :(

Back