Newbie FAIL... Cannot pick-up any signal...still after 2 days..

Sluggo4242

:wtf:

I am now trying LE that came with mmy US-1800, as I failed to get reaper figured out too.

I have it all loaded and I get sound to come out of the monitors, but the recording track/channel meter will not see iny imput. I know I have to be close. I'm guessing it has something to do with the device set up, but I have tried 5 million different ways and I still get NOTHING. I can set up a track, mono or stereo, all of the other stuff, but I am just not finding the switch that lets the cubase "see" the signal.

I can't even find a phone number to talk to a human.. I am so close to driving off a cliff

Post up some screenshots of the VST Connections and Device Setup pages. I remember having pretty much the same issues when I first got Cubase and drove off a cliff in frustration. Unfortunately, there is no answer at the bottom so it ain't worth the drive. :)

So what sound is coming out of your monitors? From Windows?

You are probably missing a simple step. Did you go through the Quick Setup Guide? That should get you going, if you followed/understood every step. Cubase is quite specific, when it comes to input/output selection (VST Connections), then each track input/output selection (via Inspector) for each recording track). Previous to that, the US 1800 must be selected from the Devices menu. Also, it must be selected as the default sound device in Windows.

Please elaborate on what it is you have setup so far, and we can figure out what is missing in your setup. And don't wait two days to figure it out, or try to contact Steinberg. You are just frustrating yourself. We are here to help you out now man. :)

It could be as easy as toggling the monitor button on your recording track. The icon looks like a speaker, next to the record enable thingy, that looks like a red target. :)

It could be as easy as toggling the monitor button on your recording track. The icon looks like a speaker, next to the record enable thingy, that looks like a red target. :)

Nope, unfortunately for me, it's usually an easier button than that....
But I do have a few things to try this morning, so I'll hack away for a bit. Trying to figure out how to do the screenshot thing, I never have done that except for on my iPhone...

If you're on a windows machine, it's Alt-Print Screen (some laptops is ALT-Fnc-Print Screen). That will capture just the active window. Open MS Paint (usually buried in the Accessories folder) and then Ctrl-V to Paste. Save it as a jpg.

If it's a Mac, you're on your own. :rolleyes:

Windows 7 has the "Snipping tool". no need for MS paint. Just drag the region you want to take a snap shot of, and save it to a location. Mac also has some feature like this, but i can't remember what they call it.

Naw, you need to click on Go Advanced at bottom of your post (Edit Post first), and attach that file there. :)

Wrong control panel. In Cubase go to Devices>Device Setup...>VST Audio System (I think). There you will select US 1800 as your audio device (drop down menu). You will want to check the 'Release Driver' box as well. Also, in Windows, go to Control Panel>Sound and select US1800 as default sound device as well.

Wrong control panel. In Cubase go to Devices>Device Setup...>VST Audio System (I think). There you will select US 1800 as your ASIO device (drop down menu). You will want to check the 'Release Driver' box as well. Also, in Windows, go to Control Panel>Sound and select US1800 as default sound device as well.

working on that....

Right, what Jimmy said. Devices>VST Connections.
Hey Jimmy, does the US1800 use the ASIO DirectX driver or does it have its own??

Sluggo, if the US1800 has its own driver, you'll need to install it and select that in your Device Setup page.

Confusing as hell, but you'll get there. And trust, me, once you get past the technology, you won't have to think about it anymore and you can concentrate on the creativity.

Back