Newbie Cubase Problem

aslo

Someone just gave me cubase sx 3 to see if i want to purchase it. I usually use sonar. I have a primitive setup using a soundblaster live card modified with kx drivers. It does do aiso, and with sonar it works o.k.

I set up a couple of midi tracks using vsts,in cubase, and had no problems.
It sounds fine when i record, no latency etc. but when i play back the recorded tracks they are not in sync.

Could this have anything to do with the timebase button, linear or musical, or the fixed, or track tempo.

It sounds fine monitoring, but its as if they are an exact number of beats apart.

thanks

make sure that in device setup you select your cards asio driver, not just a generic one (if it has one). It sounds kind of similar to what happened to me when I was using a motu, but I had the generic asio driver selected instead of the motu asio driver. It's a possibility anyway.

aslo said:
Someone just gave me cubase sx 3 to see if i want to purchase it. I usually use sonar. I have a primitive setup using a soundblaster live card modified with kx drivers. It does do aiso, and with sonar it works o.k.

if i were in a more synical mood i wouldn't help as your friend giving it to you is a good sign of a crack but anyway... just make sure aslo doesnt become asshole...

a possible solution... check under devices/midi... there should be a tab that reads something to the effect "use system timestamp" try it...

dementedchord

First of all my friend didnt give me it, he wants to sell some of his studio stuff.
I have the little key and all.

you never know who will become an asshole, you should always look inward first.

Second of all, your suggestion is a good one. I had to do a number of things,
the system timestamp was one of them. Another was the port trick, moving the file from the port folder to the main folder, whatever..
So those things worked. I have it running. Unfortunately with my soundcard its still not great, my memory and cpu poop out after a few tracks, i get a little further with sonar, which i own by the way.

Thanks to everyone that offered suggestions on this.

Back