newbe to the site seeking opinion and info

Status
Not open for further replies.

azfz

hi everyone. new to the site here and seeking opinoins and info. i have looked at some of the previous posts and gotten some help. briefly, i have been using a program called Ntrack studio for 5-6 years to record ideas. guitar bass & drums. i have sm57's on drums, sure kick mic, & audix overheads. two rode nt1 condensers for guitar and vox if any, two rane me30 eq's and an alesis 3030 compressor/limiter/gate. unfortunatly i have been using a late 80's peavey xr1200 mixer with stereo cable going to a creative live pc sound card to record with. lots of free plug ins in software. needless to say i want to step up to better recording ability. i realize from reading the forum that going to an interface like maybe presonas or other 8 preamp interface will bypass the crapy pc sound card and give me control over every drum and a better sounding preamps. my questions are these.
1. can you name some different models and brands of 8 preamp interfaces? i know of presonas, focusrite, tascam.
2. which 8 preamp interfaces do you guys and girls prefer in the $300-500 area.
3. and, if i were to want to take it up to the $600-$800 are, what are some models you guys like. and do you even recommend going there.
i have downloaded reaper and like it alot. i got that info from here also. any info would be appreciated. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back