newb question about PC specs

Kingofpain678

Returned from the dead
It's been quite a while since i've even touched a microphone and i'm pretty rusty on what little audio engineering knowledge I have...

Basically all I need to know is,
is a pc with a 2.5GHz 4mb L2 cache quad core processor and 4gb ddr3 of memory a good entry level DAW PC?
this is the pc im thinking of right here: Walmart.com: Acer AM3470G-UW10P Desktop PC with AMD Quad-Core A6-3620 Accelerated Processor, 4GB Memory, 500GB Hard Drive and Windows 7 Home Premium (Monitor Not Included): Computers

It will probably be fine, and you could double your RAM for very little extra money.

If you will be tracking with this machine, does it have the required connection for your audio interface?

You can consider a second hard drive dedicated to audio. This could be internal or external depending on your needs.

For audio work you don't need high performance graphics (and not really for video work really either, since 2D video acceleration is good in even base level graphic devices).

How the package performs as a DAW will finally come down to how well you configure the PC, and the quality of your device drivers and software.

That's my 2c anyway.

Paul

It will probably be fine, and you could double your RAM for very little extra money.

If you will be tracking with this machine, does it have the required connection for your audio interface?

You can consider a second hard drive dedicated to audio. This could be internal or external depending on your needs.

For audio work you don't need high performance graphics (and not really for video work really either, since 2D video acceleration is good in even base level graphic devices).

How the package performs as a DAW will finally come down to how well you configure the PC, and the quality of your device drivers and software.

That's my 2c anyway.

Paul

Everything said there, quoted to double the opinion.

Back