New Wharfedale thread....

washingtonbc

I got my Diamond Pro 8.2 Actives from Deepwater. I hooked them up and tested them out with the following discs:

Miles Davis: Kind of Blue
John Coltrane: Blue Train
Dr. Dre: 2001
311: 311

and then some of my mixes.

I was comparing them to Alesis Monitor Ones Mrk 2's.

I record on a Yamaha AW16G, mixdown to an Alesis Masterlink.

The Wharedale's are much more clear in the sound. Excellent panning space. The low end is clean and tight, I would use a sub though if I were Dr. Dre. I truly believe that these are much better for me and my needs than the Alesis. I will give them another week of testing. But, I believe that the Alesis will be on Ebay soon. I ordered them over the weekend from Deepwater with paypal. They went out Fedex Monday and I got them today (thursday).

I inspected them carefully for marks, scratches, botched assembly. They are flawless. Very bright blue LED on the front. Nice monitors!

Glad you like them, I'm still waiting for Deepwater to email me back when he gets the chance about my tweeter issue. I'm looking forward to fully testing them soon.

washingtonbc said:
Very bright blue LED on the front. Nice monitors!

I'm basking in the glow of my blue lights as we speak.

I have never owned monitors before I got these so I have nothing to compare them to but I like what I hear and they seem to be doing the job they are intended to do.

Back