New Website

Well,

I'll bite.

I liked the site. Two things I'd change. The picture of you on the home page (the one that changes) is pretty low-res. I'd make it higher res. And, I don't like the way the background color changes. Seems kinda distracting.

All in all though, it looks pretty sharp!

agreed about the evolving pics of you. You have such great other images (the mic/cable and the acoustic guitar are great images) but the front page looks decidedly home made.

Also, great current mustache! Gotta love it...

My main bee-otch with the front end is that the the portrait image is almost a quarter-meg. That's huge... Donald Trump would call it eeyooge. That'd be a killer on a dial-up...

You could probably get a Java applet somewhere and bring that down to 40k or so.

hey, congrats with that site,
i always like it clean and neat,

so i'd even get rid of that script that makes that Red Backgroundcolor fade to darker and lighter red

it slows down the site and makes people more nervous,
just use some sort of bordeaux-red that stays fixed,

pffff, of course, thats just a stupid lill detail, but it are the little things that kill, right ?

keep on working on it, and yeah, let me know when you got updates !
i love visiting sites of other engineer-webdesigners :D ;)

Beside the lo-res thing, the constant looping is a pain. Once, maybe twice, then let it stay remain on the last one. After you replace it with a better resolution shot, of course.

A bio write up wouldn't hurt. I agree with what the others were saying about that picture, too.
One piece of advice: don't use a mailto: tag. Unless you like getting hammered with spam, of course. Most people's browsers aren't configured to use mailto: tags anyway. I've found the best way to post your email on your page is to make a little gif file with the email addy on it and put that on the site. That way no spambots can grab it.
I put up a site a few months back, used mailto: tags, and within days was getting spam (on a new email account!). I killed it after a week using the method I described, but even to this day I'm getting spam.

Back