New Website For Studio

Singking,

sorry for the site looking distorted, I will fix them up as soon as I get a chance.

I am building a profolio with Flash this summer, maybe I will be able to add some multimedia to your site. Have you gotten a chance to check on the server speed? It seems a couple of the images don't load for like 4-5 secs, and I checked it on a T3 connection.

Good news is that all the mp3 stream when I checked it at school :)

Al

I'm just kinda' lurking today. A1A2 did a very good job on your site. All the info is clear and to the point with no BS. Looks good.

Dennis

--------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: I have no clue what I'm talking about.

Just in case you were curious it took 49 seconds to load the home page on my slow 28.8 dial-up connection. Seemed a little slow loading to me (even on my snail connection). On the TOUR page I would darken the text where you have it kinda faded looking. If it's important enough to be read it should stand out a little better. Buy hey, just my 2 cents worth :D

DD

site looks good to me, nice and clean, professional looking.
If I were contimplating paying money for studio time... I'd at least read through the site...

Im listening to I will remember you.. the piano sounds all sorts of fucked up.. is it supposed to be like that?
Recording quality is nice.. that chick has a great voice too!

Site Comments

Thanks for the comments - both positive and constructive!

Digital Don - most people have at least a 56K connection, sorry that it is slow loading for you. Most of us have a T1 or so connection so. I wanted to make sure there was enough visual to go with the words.

Demensia - This was an example of vocals recorded to a pre-recorded background track. I personally did not like the sound of it (the piano), but it was her project and the overall effect and her ability to get work from that recording was not compromised.

Overall the samples were to show the different kinds of projects that we take on, even if others won't. We seem to be finding a niche market for incomplete projects that just need an element added. The Oakley's Ghost is the first full band effort. Against my suggestion, they wanted to do the whole thing at once. The demo has gotten them local club work, but in the future they will proceed one instrumental part at a time on their original tunes.

Thanks again.

It looks great but it was a bit slow even on my DSL. Not too bad but it would be a little too slow on dial up I imagine.

tex, you're right, the site is loading pretty slow...the pages themselves are real small, but I think it's the server that's slowing things down..

Singking, did you change some of the html codes? Some links dont work and some images don't show up anymore:confused: :confused:

Al

It took 7 seconds to load the site's home page on my cable connection, and 3 seconds or so for each navagation page.
I didn't think it was slow at all.

The site looks great! And I like the logo!

A1A2

Al..

All of the pages work fine on both my work connection and my home connection. I didn't change any HTML code here. All links and pics work fine.

Not sure what you are seeing.

Bob

Re: A1A2

Singking said:
Al..

All of the pages work fine on both my work connection and my home connection. I didn't change any HTML code here. All links and pics work fine.

Not sure what you are seeing.

Bob

that's really weird...right now everything works, but some images were missing last night when i checked. and mocharock couldn't link to that page...I'm guessing they repair at night

Al

jumpingflash said:
The page looks distorted and it is not really readable either, but that's only the 2 cents from a webdesigner... :p

hey, thanks for checking it out. I am still a student at this stuff, so, it would be really great and helpful if you would give me some pointers.

Which pages do you find distorted? which pages do you have hard time reading?

Thanks, man

Al

All pages look distorted... That's because people like me that have a high resolution on screen tend to set a bigger font in IE...

The solution ?

Apply a Style Sheet to your page setting the font size in PIXELS rather than in numbers (1,2,3,4...+1,+2,+3,+4...).

So make a style sheet that could look like this

<style type="text/css">
<!--
font {
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 12px;
}
-->
</style>

So you set your font size in PIXELS, and it will stay like that whatever the user uses on his computer...

jumpingflash said:
All pages look distorted... That's because people like me that have a high resolution on screen tend to set a bigger font in IE...

The solution ?

Apply a Style Sheet to your page setting the font size in PIXELS rather than in numbers (1,2,3,4...+1,+2,+3,+4...).

So make a style sheet that could look like this

<style type="text/css">
<!--
font {
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 12px;
}
-->
</style>

So you set your font size in PIXELS, and it will stay like that whatever the user uses on his computer...

I knew this site is got all sorts of talented people...

thanks alot on this issue, it's something I was never aware of.
I will definite look into this when I get a chance.

Thank you!

Al

Back