New website and music

Greenshoe

Just wanted to get your feedback on some stuff I'm recording on the side.

www.greenshoemedia.com

It's not angry or dark - pretty straighforward rock-pop stuff (I'm a sucker for a melody).

P.S. Anyone in the Bay Area interested in just getting together and jamming/collaborating for fun, let me know.

howdy! and welcome! sounds and looks like you already got your feet nice and wet with the new project. The website is pretty original looking. Tunes are good fella. You write good stuff. The tracks were recorded well, captured everything nicely. The low end eq was a bit strong here and the mix seemed a little "in the face", but it was smooth. I`d mixup the levels a little to get a little more front to back spatial imagery, pan out the players a little more on the side to side plane. I really liked the acoustic tones. What did you run the electric thru? .

ohhh.. which side do record most on, the left or right? :)

Thanks for the feedback and glad you like it. I'll re-mix it and do some re-tracking in the near future. Funny thing you mentioned that it was too in your face - I felt the vocals sounded like they were behind a windscreen and need more presence but I'm having trouble getting the balance right between clarity of the sound w/o it being too sibilant.

For acoustic sounds, I have a Martin DM, so that certainly helps and when mic'ed right it sounds good with almost any microphone(s) - i actually recorded it in stereo XY. As for electric, it's a Les Paul, either direct thru a POD or via my Crate modeling amp with a direct out (forget the model number).

Back