New web project on my mind... would you guys use it?

Kewlpack

Have a read of my ideas and give me your feedback. Also - if you would like to be a contributor PLEASE post here or PM me. I will PM you the details.

Here is what I'm thinking... (I posted this on another favorite forum as well):

==============
Hi guys - been gone awhile... hope this note finds you well and JAMMIN'!

In all my time going through the various modelers, I cannot count the times I've seen the same old questions about the same old subjects. Regardless of the particular mutlieffects device (or even just single effects), people are constantly rehashing the same stuff and arguing about this or that over and over.

So, I awoke to a brainstorm the other day and have been noodling on it for awhile... tell me, would this be valuable to you?

A web portal that is dedicated to all things Guitar/Effects/Amps/Tone and is not only a centralized jump-point for all the forums for the various units out there, but also a place where you can find sections devoted to xxxx brand modeler. Each section would have key articles describing how REAL users are getting the best results, and articles on setting things up.

I am thinking that I would do reviews on various products (that I've had or can get in on trial basis), as well as a possible Matrix showing head to head stuff...

I would guarantee it to be better in design and usability than 95% of the stuff that's out there now (I've been doing graphics since '89 and web app dev since '95)... I hate it when I can't find the great info or when it is hard to READ!

It's still in a thinktank kinda phase - but I sense a genuine need for this kind of resource.

Do you think you would use a site like that? Let me know...

Of course, I would request permission for using a thread's content as idea material for an article, etc.

------------------

I just had my hosting service set me up for SQL and "more traffic"... cough...
I hope it will truly be something we can all use!

As for the reviews... I will probably start with a handful based on personal experience and tests. On top of that I'll link to other popular review databases on the web (for each product or brand) so folks get a fair spread of opinions.

It will take time to ramp up, but I think it will be cool. I want it to be a site that I would use personally, so that is a driving factor.
===========================

I appreciate your feedback - as always!

Back