new vocalist

ok, so i started working with this dude i got to know on the internet. he digs my shit so we've been swapping files and now i have this mix of an mp3 of him doing vocals mixed in to a song of mine. this is all just an excercise but still :

grooveville, first one up

critique???

:D

I can't understand anything the singer is saying. The singing is covered by the other music. It's all pretty clear, no distortion.

I think it's pretty interesting....maybe bring the vocals up a bit to match the music....but keep them a bit hidden. This song seems to be one that the vocals would be a bit buried on....just not quite this much. Sounding pretty good though. :cool:

I'm with everyone else on this...the vocals are buried a bit to much, otherwise it pretty cool...just need to know what the singer is going on about.

The processing the vocal goes through has softened any clarity. I don't mind the levels, it's the sort of song that I'd go to the lyrics sheet for.
Maybe a little more definition ofn the vocal to please folk. Most of my fav music has required a lyric sheet & glimpses at into the dark can be enticing.
Now IF you were aiming for a clear, up front and well articulated lead vocal I think you missed it by a hair.
if you're after a mysterious, Doorsy, drug adled effect to draw me in then you've succeeded.
Basically Frank Sinatra wouldn't've approved.

The music is cool but the vocals are too indistinct to add much. I like the melodies you've got going there, kind of spooky

I like the dark seductive feel of the tune.

I think with the vocals, if you are going to keep the muffled sound, then lower the volume. If you keep the volume up as is, then they really need to be more defined. Dark and mysteriously muffled vox always sounds best at low volumes in my opinion....but that is what it is...my opinion. ;)

Is that a synth I hear too or effects on your guitar?

Sounds like you and this vocalist click. Good luck Fader.

True

cheers guys,

the mix isn't perfect by far, as this is an exercise.

what really pleases me most is what you said true-eurt : i expect a lot from this and you saying that the music and the vocals 'click' ... good! btw just guitar :D

dogman, bulls hit, jpw, nick : you're right, the vocals are too soft in this mix - it just wasn't clear to me.

rayc! yes, i was going for that "mysterious, Doorsy, drug adled effect" but you knew that already. fuck fs.

TRAVIS : JUST TURN UP THE VOLUME!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

you gave me something to work with guys : thnx again.

Just a touch more vocals would be nice. The vocal stylings are totally unique and yes, could be put in that "Doors" genre. I was waiting for the vocalist to really start screaming but it was not to be....

Guitars, bass and drums all sound good - nice moody, dark feel.

True is right the vocals and music match very well.....

Cool..... grooveville.....

:) :D :) :D

Moody. I like the half step gtr figures and the distant but clear sound of the gtrs and vocal. Almost expected Alanis Morissette to start singing in the beginning a la "Uninvited". The bass gtr and drumset are nicely done and very distinct but I think they'd fit the tune more if they were moved back a touch.

Back