New video. Been a loooooooong time since I've been here!

jeffchastain

Holier than thou
Hey guys. Due to the Army, I haven't been around for over a year. But, I'm back now, finally. I don't have much of my recording equipment anymore. Had to finance other things. I've got a tascam pocketstudio, and a video camera. hah.

I'm hoping it's okay to post this here. Really just looking for a critique on the song and the performance. I've got another camera coming soon that records audio a ton better.

I wrote this song for me wife while I was away from here. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Thanks for watching!

http://s832.photobucket.com/albums/.../?action=view&current=EventhoughImnothome.flv

Hey, you gotta make do with what you've got and this is pretty good considering it's a camera mic. The songwriting and performance is very nice. A gift I'm sure your wife will appreciate.

Hey, you gotta make do with what you've got and this is pretty good considering it's a camera mic. The songwriting and performance is very nice. A gift I'm sure your wife will appreciate.

Thanks for commenting Chili. There is a bridge to the song that I didn't feel too hot about, so I left it out. I may record the song again and add it. My wife loves the song, and so do I.

Guess I should've read the sticky at the top of the forum before posting the photobucket link. Here's the youtube video. :)

First of all, thanks for serving in the military. Second, very nice song. With some good recording gear and some nice back up instruments, this could be a really nice song. Well done.

First of all, thanks for serving in the military. Second, very nice song. With some good recording gear and some nice back up instruments, this could be a really nice song. Well done.

Thanks a bunch, guitar zero! I'm planning on getting some decent equipment within the coming months. Hopefully sooner than later.

Thank you for digging the tune, man. I'm gonna try to make a few videos in the next couple of weeks, got alot of time off. So I'll be posting!

VERY nice - I look forward to hearing it rerecorded.
No nits from me given the circumstances.

Thanks a bunch Steve, and Ray. I'm glad you enjoyed the song!

I have more recordings, or substandard quality (lol), and myspace.com/jefferychastain

I will be recording most of the songs again, and replacing them with better quality recordings. All of the songs there were recorded atleast 2 years ago with a Boss BR600, and some small Fostex recorder, I think.

I'm trying to get my finances in order so I can make an interface purchase. I'm thinking about a Lexicon Omega, but these M-Audio packages with Pro Tools LE packages look pretty tempting!

You've got a beautiful voice and that's a really nice song. Look forward to hearing it recorded properly. Gonna make your lady cry.........;)

Joey :):):):)

Back