New version of Woman Of Mystery for review!

Gerry's (ido1957) back and was able to help remix this using some of the suggestions made on this site. Your comments would be appreciated!
Song link:
MP3 Player SoundClick

Hi - hopefully others will chime in, cause it might just be me - but I hear serious low end overload on my speakers and in cans, and there seems to be some low end compression going on that makes it worse. Maybe a multi-band? It's not just that the bass is too loud - it sounds like it has a big boost in a range that makes it indistinct and overwhelming. Take with grain of salt cause ITS ME WRITING :-)

Yeah, I think chuck is on to something there, but I've given poor advice on bass before, so...

It's too bad, 'cause from what I can hear, it sounds like the bass is really moving along there, but indistinct is a very good word for the way it's coming across to me too.

Seems like guitars and vocals really dominate this mix.

In headphones the bass sounds pretty well sorted.
The drums into intro a little abrupt.
Otherwise is fine.

Thanks Chuckduffy,Heatmiser and Ray! One of the "remix" functions was maximizing which revealed this bass problem. You may notice approx. 2 1/2 db increase compared to older tunes on SC site. It appears on certain speakers but not on others. !#$% back to the mixing board (again)...

I have a sub on my KRK setup. I don't normally mix with it, I spot check the low end occasionally as I mix. Low end problems show up as soon as I engage the sub switch, and I rarely have a problem with too much or indistinct bass anymore.

Back