New user of Roland VS-2400

sae

I just got access to a Roland VS-2400 and I was wondering if there are any users here that could give me some beginners tips.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of VS users on this site. I own a VS2400 and love it. This site http://www.vsplanet.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi
has a lot of answers. I had a VS840 before, so the transition was a little easier for me, but you will want to get a display screen to do your editing and navigating, it is so much easier. If you got the manual, use it as you have questions on how to do specific things. I think there is a quick start section. If you don't have a manual, you can get some documents on Rolandus.com

Doug

sae,
Once you have started recording it is a very good idea to always backup your recorded data to disc via the onboard burner. I do this all the time on my Roland BR 1600 just in case I accidently turn the unit off without saving my data or for some unforseen events.

Just thought I would let you know as there is a VS user on this forum who looks like he has lost all his recorded data just recently.

NOT SOMETHING YOU WOULD WANT TO HAPPEN! :(

Last edited:
vs2400 absolute beginner also

want to make good quality demos. can't figure the manual. can record but need to send dry track to external effects unit and back to new track. Idea is to keep all tracks raw then add slight effect after the session.
would like to use the same external effect unit to provide a little reverb for the vocalist via a headphone amp.

Back