New tune

snellular5

neil young whore
Hey everyone this is a new tune my band and I have been working on. This is the final cut for our parts but we are probably gonna add some keys and maybe some sax soon.
Anyways it would be much appreciated if you gave her a listen and let me know what should be tweeked( its a dull sounding recording right now, I will take care of that but any hint on how to go about that would be wicked) Also do you think keys and sax would work? And any other comments are welcome and encouraged
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7694536

it sounds good but i personally don't like the kick or the snare (both of which i consider preferences. If the drummer's happy with it i guess it's fine). There's a slight muddiness to the sound of the entire song. I'm not exactly sure what it could be but i bet if you start cutting out lower frequencies in instruments that don't necessarily require it (ie guitars, vocals) maybe things would clean up a bit better. Overall it sounded good.

I think a sax playing along with the that distorted bending guitar note that's sort of a constant in the song would sound pretty cool. I can't imagine keys fitting in here with any sort of relevance. it would have to be really sparse keys and i don't know if that would really add anything to the song, but maybe.

I agree that the song sounds muddy and undefined. I think the song is very good. I like the style and drums. Very good song!

The drums, bass and guitars sound like they're far away. The crash sounds un-natural to me as well. It's a good song, and performed really well, but it lacks clarity in the above mentioned insturments. How was this all recorded?

Thanks a lot for all the comments guys! And glad you enjoy the song.
I definitely hear the muddiness too so I will start to clean up that ****. :)
And good point on the sax I never thought about it playing that line that would be neat.

This was recorded live off the floor:
Through a mackie console that I cannot remember the name of and through a digidesign 002.
Mics were if I can remember
Guitar amps: SM57's
Bass:Yorkville DI
OH's/ Vocals: AKG perception 200's
Snare: SM57
Kick: AKG D112
Toms: Audix D1, D2, D4

Back