New tune

HangDawg

bUnGhOlIo
There's a songwriter who's been coming to my studio. What he brings is a chord progression and lyrics. I've been tasked with everything else. Here's one called escape. It's not quite done but check it out and let me know if you like what I've done. There's a couple things I need to edit yet like the feedback at the end of the 3rd lead, there's a bum bass note or two and I'm going to auto-tune a couple bad notes on the vocal but it's pretty much there.

Sounds pretty good man...I think the vocal delivery fits well with the sounds of the instruments. Has a nice vibe. The drums have plenty of low end, but the cymbals seem a bit quiet for teh most part...I hear them but they seem hidden. That seems to leave plenty of space for the vocals, but there is a sparseness there. That might be how you envision the tune, and it's a cool sounding song. That would be the only thing I could try and nit at. The toms sound excellent, and nice guitar sounds. Bass seems to come through when needed, and you have some killer lead fills in there.

Personal preference thingy would be more bite in the vocal delivery. Do the same raspy thing in the verse that is being done in the chorus....

The vocals also seem a touch loud in the mix for me.

The rest of the production is really great. It's a well written piece of music and has been produced and arranged really well. Playing is super.

Cool....... :cool:

Dogman said:
Sounds pretty good man...I think the vocal delivery fits well with the sounds of the instruments. Has a nice vibe. The drums have plenty of low end, but the cymbals seem a bit quiet for teh most part...I hear them but they seem hidden. That seems to leave plenty of space for the vocals, but there is a sparseness there. That might be how you envision the tune, and it's a cool sounding song. That would be the only thing I could try and nit at. The toms sound excellent, and nice guitar sounds. Bass seems to come through when needed, and you have some killer lead fills in there.

Yeah, the OHs could probably use a db or 2.

Man this shits like work with this guy. Good experience though.

Thanks for the listen

P.S. Those first two leads are doubled (played twice). :D The third one is not me.

Last edited:
ido1957 said:
Personal preference thingy would be more bite in the vocal delivery. Do the same raspy thing in the verse that is being done in the chorus....

The vocals also seem a touch loud in the mix for me.

The rest of the production is really great. It's a well written piece of music and has been produced and arranged really well. Playing is super.

Cool....... :cool:

Yep, after listening today I think the voc is a touch hot. Probably a bit of ear fatigue. Thanks

Nice mood and flow to the tune, has sort of a feel good driving vibe. Mixwise the only thing I have to add to what Ido/Dog said is that the lead guitar sounds a bit muddy to my ears compared to the rest of the mix. Maybe EQ it around a tad. The playing on the lead is real good too, I like it :cool:

Back