New Tune

rguagenti

I posted this in the Songwriters Forum, but it seems like this is where it should go.(others may know of another place where this song can go...but that's another thing;-D

This is the first thing I've done in about a year. I've been away from the board due to family issues but I am getting back into it.

Sorry for the dupe posting, but here is the tune. Feed back appreciated.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/rpg/singles

THanks

Lyrics as follows:

LIGHT OF OUR LIVES by RPG

The storm hits the mountain, I don't know why
Too many memories passing me by
Too many mysteries I can't explain
Which ones bring pleasure, which ones bring pain

Keep your mind open when the wind blows
A wise old man told me that's so
A wise old man I'll never be
'Cause I wait for the wind to come and take me

(Chorus)
When will the wind blow this way again
When will it be at our backs
When will the sun rise high in the sky
To shine the Light On Our Lives

It's with mixed emotions I sing this song
When I was a young boy nothing went wrong
Now I am older don't know about wiser
Too many songs left unsung

Chorus

Break

Chorus

oh man, this has such a nice 60's feel, awesome!!! and it's a very cool tune too.
i like the instrumentation and i suppose the general mix is ok but i don't like the way the voice has been mixed in. and i don't mean the background vocals - those sound great - but the main vox is just too loud and has the wrong 'verb on it. at least that's how i see (hear) it.
it sounds like the band is playing in one room and the vocals are in the next. imo you can make something that is good now even 10 times better with a different mix.

thanks faderbug:

Yeah, I see what you mean.

I'll go back and tweak it and try to see if I can get the vox to sit in the mix better.

Appreciate your words. I was going for that 60's progressive vibe and you got it.

I can download if I sign in but I cannot stream even when I'm signed in.....Try the download option......

Nice flow to this song, I can imagine this song played in an English/Irish pub with many glasses of draught beer being clinked in cheers to one another....
The other place would be at a wedding or banquet with many dancers twirling on the dance floor. I guess I'm trying to say this is a catchy song which has a good beat, and an anthem-like quality to it. Cool :cool:

I like the vocals way out front so I have no issues with them myself :D

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play.

Back