New Tune....

The chord progression has a Bon jovi kind of sound about it, good vocal performance, cymbal crashes were just a tad too loud, otherwise the mix worked well

MIx comments.

The lead guitar is very thin and buzzy sounding, reminded me of a pod sound. Kind of takes the authenticity out of the mix.

Bass a little weak and indistinct compared to the kick.

The main vocal was flat in a couple of spots. I just don't like the sound of that mic on your voice. You need something a little fatter. It sounds like a small dynamic or harsh mic and you need a warmer condensor sound or tube. Either that or the preamp is just very sterile you could go with a tube here to warm things up.

Guitar chords were fat and nice, its just that lead sound that is a little weak.

The keyboard was good, glued it together well.

Drums were a little dry for the mix.

Overall a good effort and about 80% there to my ears.

Good ol' rock balad. I wasn't sure what to expect after the first few bars, but ended up digging it right through to the end.

Bit of a mix of deeply reverbed and in your face tracks at times, maybe just the drums, I can't really place it. Snare sound was too wimpy IMO, and the verb made it worse.

I liked the guitar sound, maybe a little too bright, but it fit the song. You nailed the guitar feeling for this sort of tune. Nicely done, and some nicely placed leads.

Vocals had some shaky stuff at the top, but they sounded good.

Back