New Tune - One More Chance - Feedback Appriciated

Nice drums, Micheal!
Kick might have just a little bit too much low end, I would give it a high-pass and increase the high mids a bit around the 3kh zone.
Pretty good biker tune. Is the voice double-tracked? sounds good.
Over all nice work, though!

Joey :):):):)

Nice drums, Micheal!
Kick might have just a little bit too much low end, I would give it a high-pass and increase the high mids a bit around the 3kh zone.
Pretty good biker tune. Is the voice double-tracked? sounds good.
Over all nice work, though!

Joey :):):):)

Thanks Joey. I'll give the the high pass a try. I am thinking to pass every thing above a spot at 80 - 100. Does that sound about right? I am going to mess with that this weekend. Thanks for the feed back.

Yes the vocals are double tracked. I am still working at getting the phrasing to match closer, I guess that's something that will come with practice.

Thanks again for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
I can't comment to much on mixing as I'm new to this, but just as my ear goes, that drum recording sounds amazing. The bass is extremely prominent, which is unique, people don't usually feature that as much, but I like it :)

Gob

I can't comment to much on mixing as I'm new to this, but just as my ear goes, that drum recording sounds amazing. The bass is extremely prominent, which is unique, people don't usually feature that as much, but I like it :)

Gob

Thanks Gob - i appreciate the listen and the feedback

I am torn about the bass part being so prominent. There is a quote from mixerman that I read some where that says "Putting everything proportional in a mix is going to make a shitty mix." So I guess the bass is the out of proportion in my mix....

I'd love to get some more input on the bass level in relation to the rest of the mix.

Also I'd really like to hear from some of the guys here who record their kits ... any advice to improve the drum sound?

Updated mix

I took the advice and EQ'd the kick to get rid of the real low stuff and added a bit at 3k. I also took the overall level of the bass gtr. down. While listening to many of the other song here, I also decided to expand the stereo spectrum a bit and spread things around a bit more. I also brought some of the mids back to the Rhythm gtr part.

Feedback is appreciated .. whats good, what sucks, what needs work. Thanks.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7584759&q=hi

Back