New Tracks Up

starsxandxslits

Wild Dead Museum's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Just finished mixing these. We used 3 tracks at a time maximum because all of my cables and stands were loaned out.

We sort of recorded as we wrote, so the performances were very loose and there's some timing issues and such, but it was more of a fun thing we all did before one of our buds shipped out to law school.

This was all recorded at an old plantation house in Tyler, TX.

Tascam FW-1082 into Cubase 5

Drums were generally mono ribbon (MXL R144) overhead, audix d6 on kick (usually outside the head about a foot or so out) e604 on snare (nothing crazy there).

Electric Guitars were also the R144 pretty close up, or an SM57, or both. Acoustic was stereo GT33 spaced pair (again, standard 12th fret/soundhole)

Bass was direct

Vocals were SM57.

I hope you all enjoy. Let me know what you think!

So it's so bad that no one can even comment? :confused:

Hey man - stuff goes by real fast here, and sometimes it takes a while to get feedback. It's no reflection on your songs. You have some great stuff going on here. My favorite of the bunch is Practomatic. I really dig a lot of the guitar tones you get on all of it. If you had enabled downloads that track would be on my commute mix tomorrow morning.

I noticed a few things about the mixes - but I'll leave it to other folks with better ears to comment as I'm a burn out case right now.

Your tracks up four hours and you get despondent because of no responses? That's funny. :)

I found out a great many years ago that one of the greatest assets of a musician is patience.

The songs sound pretty good. I agree with the previous poster about his favorite, Practomatic.

The only thing I really noticed was the bass in the first track. It was a little out there.

Thanks for the listen and feedback guys. Practomatic is my favorite as well. I really enjoyed playing drums in a sort of unconventional way.

The bass was...er...well. That's the law school friend I was speaking of. Let's just say he's...well, he was nice to let us play at his place. Heh.

Also, I do plan on making these available for download, so check back if you think about it and I'll have it available.

I was half-joking about the no posts thing, too. I've learned some things have to sit around after lurking around here for the last 7 years :o

Yep I didn't respond because I thought it was so bad - only kidding :D. Love the reverby guitars on the Grols Names. Reminds me a lot of coldplay. The bass is unusual and not a sound I would have chosen, but on a second listen it grows on me. Liked the overall sound of Thunderstruck Tower. Practomatic very nice. Liked the harmonica. Can't really think of anything I would change. Good stuff.

Back