New to VST..Can someone help

bad news

first, can i open vst in reason?(crystal,etc)
and also, im using nuendo, how can i use a vst as an istrument and record onto an audio track..
thanks

You spent 1500.00 + and dont even understant the very very basic stuff.
Start with geting started manual that came in the box with nuendo.
Then come back and ask.
Good Luck.

I think anyone who legitimately purchased nuendo would have researched the crap out of the program before purchasing it.. I know I did, and I just have cubase, which is nowhere near the same price.

From my own (limited) experience Cubase/Nuendo are very similar but it seems that Nuendo is used by the guys working with visuals.

And yes I hope this guy is using a pirate copy as anyone throwing cash around like that without knowing what for would need a good slap.

Nobody's thought to ask which version of nuendo he's talking about. my guess is that it's probably 1.0 which doesn't support vst instruments only vst effects.

hahah...
nah i didnt spend 1500 and its v.2.0..
the vst's pop up in nuendo and i could click n hear the instruments, but im trying to be able to play em through my midi controller(oxygen) n record em

xstatic said:
So you are proud of using stolen software? maybe you should go steal some help too then.

Zing!

< 1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.>

geez

Don't go on about Pirated copies and full version software.

I legitimately bought the Audigy 2 platinum sound card as it had a version of cubase with it ( Legitimate version ).

I loaded everything in by the book and the sound card worked and I loaded cubase and the thing kept freezing up when trying to open it.
I rang creative labs and tried to get help via steinberg.

Well f*** them all.

No help, The we don't know, The your computer has something wrong with it crap, I even offered to send the cubase disk to them so they could send me out a new one, they said no, I mean what the........

When I pay for a product, I expect technical back up and knowledge, and if a product is included in a package then I expect backup from the sponcering company's.

I ended up downloading a try before you buy version of cubase sx which works fine.

I sent the bloody cubase disk back to the company with a letter and told them to stick the disk where it fits.

If companys want loyal customers then they need to fix the bugs on the programs.
Unfortuanately I have found that Downloaded versions of programs like cubase have the bug fixes done and run better than the bought versions.
These company's need to get back to customer service and real technical support instead of putting little girls and boys in ties scratching thier head and not knowing a thing about the product.
And this goes with company's that put complimentary software with their soundcards or whatever in case their is technical problems and people need support..

Also apparently if you purchase a Audigy 2 soundcard in 2004 then you can claim a $60 discount on you next creative labs product due to the fact that they where sued for misleading information about the Audigy 2.
Look it up on the net.

Again an example of hopeless company's.

So thats my gripe.

Regards Raver

Wow I never had a problem out of any of my Cubase disks ( SE & SL3 ) Pro Tools or hell, that goes for any piece of software ive payed for.maybe you went at it the wrong way when you were trying to get technical service. It sounds like you were a little uptite. Big companys dont have to deal with one persons attitude, they will just blow you off.

Its because you have an attitude and they sold 100.000 copys of that same software that day doy you think they care. thinks about it,,,,,,,sometimes it pays to be nice, and patient.

End of rant ;)

He he

I was very nice in the beginning but they gave me the royalk runnaround and I am not blaming steinberg but I blame Creative Labs for not having competant servicemen who even knew what cubase was.

My gripe is about buying a product from a company with a program like cubase,
But then the company having no idea or technical knowledge of programs supplied with their product, as I said cubase sx works fantastic.
And thats the problem , They don't care cause they are so big, even with driver updates for the Audigy 2 I asked they could send a cd of the new updates and maybe have them available for registered users as being on dial up at the time it was impossible to download the files because of their huge size and even with a download manager it was rediculous.

They basically said no and I even offered to pay for their trouble.

But no way.

he he

I have talked to a number of Audigy user's and they had the same problem with the supplied cubase.

Mind you the Traktor Dj software supplied rocks.

The main reason I got the Audigy was to get cubase in a all in one system.

But then does anybody use third party software like free downloadable plugins.

I don't think the software company's would be happy.
Also you mean to say in the days of cassette tapes you never recorded a song from the radio.

Or you don't video tape from tv ( It is actually illegal ).

Or get drunk and disordaly ( You can go to jail for that ).

Have you been caught drink driving or speeding, ( Thats illegal )

So who casts the first stone.

You can't even fart these days without being sued.

BlindCowboy said:
So, back to the question....

Bad_News, did ya steal the software or what?

RAVER said:
he he

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No I replaced a non working version of software with a working version.

Raver he was talking about the tread originator not you! :D

i got an e-mu soundcard, came wit cubase, i was giving nuendo by a friend, it was burned so my guess was it was pirated unless he had the full version...

If a friend gave you a version of Nuendo on a home burned CDR, then it was pirated. Even if he was the one who copied it form his own legitimate disk. If it doesn't need a hardware dongle, then it is pirated. If you bought harware that came with a "light" version of some software and then you download the whole version, then it is pirated. Any way you look at it...... if you are using more than you paid for, then its stolen. Personally, I don't care what other people do. It's their own business. But they shouldn't expect everyone else to understand and jump in and help either.

Back