new to vs880ex

docwilson50

Just ordered a Roland vs88ex without a CDRW. i have a ibm compatible 900mhz computer with HP 8200 cdrw. How do I get my mix from the roland to my computer to burn the rom? If I have to go SCSI I can make some mods to the pc.
Thanks

I read...

...on the Roland site I think, (VS Rom update via Midi page) that the older VS880's with the early OS could transmit via SCSI. I think that was written out of the code although they may have written it back in. The best way in my opinion is to utilise the SP/DIF out on the VS and connect to your computer that way. You could then migrate the track information one at a time to a computer based Audio sequencer OR the stereo mix. You could of course do this through a soundcard line in, (if you have one) but the quality will depreciate. Check the Roland site for more information..

regaards

Geeb...

Thanks Geeb

Thanks geeb. I'll check it out. I bought the 880ex used and fortunately have all the books. Just pulled it from the box. Sure beats the old fostex cassette.
Doc

It's a world away...

I use the G4 for most if not all the audio recording I do at home although the VS is a great little machine. Syncing it with MTC (midi time code) with the computer is a great way to increase the audio tracks available and sync with any Midi stuff you have going on... The VS is a great time keeper as well as being very portable... good purchase...!

Regards

~geeb~

Back