New to this Board ... Old in the Industry ...

The General

Read some of the posts. Some are hilarious! Some obviously Industry Ignorant.

Nothing new about being Industry Ignorant ... there's no other School than Hard Knocks University.

As for advice, read our site and ask your questions. You won't like most of the content ... especially if you're a Beer Joint Baritone waiting to 'be discovered' and 'given' that non-existent free million dollars this Best Of All Industries is supposed to accord.

BTW, my presence generally starts a firestorm from the jackass element, and the traffic it generates can clog a lot of servers. So please don't waste your time with all the unsubstantiated "scam" accusations - you just might have to document them in court.

THANKS!

TDA (That Damned Akurian)
General Bobby Farrell

"...you just might have to document them in court."

<Nice way to drum up business & get non-jaded interest in your site - Now I remember why I hate bodybuilders.>

Dear General,

I'll judge for myself whether or not I think your site is a sham or scam, homey (uh, I mean "homey, Sir"). Why don't you throw up a link instead of threatening us for voicing our opinions if we think you're full of shit? You're rich enough to take me to court, and i'm poor enough to remind you that you can't get blood from a turnip.

Put up the link, pimpin', Sir. I'll bite...

DJ Dolo

Update ...

FYI, We own both .org and .com ...

Those who want to 'think' for themselves should have the brains to do it .... sorry ... I mean a support group to help them find any thoughts, valid or otherwise.

And, YOU'RE DAMNED RIGHT I'M RICH AND WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU'RE A TURNIP?

:-)

TDA

Welcome to the board Bobby. I for one and glad to see you here.

bd

BTW, I've known who you are for quite a while now, the only one with balls enough to tell it like it is! I was the one that gave your link to DigitalDon, he's a believer too!

Those who want to 'think' for themselves should have the brains to do it

Exactly. So why threaten to sue me if my thinking contradicts your claims?
<this was rhetorical, please don't try to answer me...>

I'm not doubting what you say, I just question the tone. No biggie, I'm just a fucking dj...

BTW - I KNOW I'm a turnip. So are all of my relatives & everybody in my family (except, of course, my 1 first cousin Rutabaga). So you believe me, here's a gorgeous watercolor done from a photo when I graduated 8th grade.

DJ Dolo

Flo' Dolo,

I thunked for many moons (and a huge passel of suns) that vegigenerates were exclusive to my family (that 2nd cousin 4th removed who was a parsnip really gave us cause to check them there marriage records).

Loved the lettuce top! The green reminds me of my own colors when I awake and realize I have to go to work ...

bdbdbuck,

THANKS! I'm open to honest questions, and sixty years of industry-do shouldn't go to waste. There IS a way this Best Of All Industries works, and none of the Beer Joint Baritone delusions are any part of it.

TDA

Loved the lettuce top! The green reminds me of my own colors when I awake and realize I have to go to work ...

Me too, until my food stamps got replaced with that damn imitation credit card with the American flag slapped across it...

Skinnier than Rush and I'm so up on the new 'talent' ... who the hell is Simon? American Idol? I thought that was me ....

Vanity, thy name is The General :-)

Rush and I do have something in common, we're both OFUS. (Old, Fat, Ugly & Stupid!)

TDA

So........... what the hell is that stupid post supposed to mean?

bd

bdbdbuck,

If you thought it was stupid, then you understood what I meant. If it carried no value to you, then don't sweat it, a'ight?

Sorry I took up your time & wasted the bandwidth. I mean, I definately don't have "sixty years of industry-do(-ing damage)" to fall back on.:rolleyes:

I figure that dude knows & likes the shit he can stir with that page, I just feel like such a hypocrite if I don't speak out...

kind regards,

DJ Dolo

The General said:
who the hell is Simon? American Idol? I thought that was me ....

TDA

You dont know who simon is?American Idol?Man you're obviously not in the "know" of the music industry.

Im sure you were just joking though.

This place is really becoming a spam-magnet lately............

Seems the guys wanting to be "discovered" are all these Johnny-Come-Lately's wasting bandwidth with their self-aggrandizing bullshit essay's about how much they know about the biz.

Maybe you should try trolling the chatrooms where innocent kids hang out..........

The folks hanging around here know their asses' from a hole-in-the-ground.

Time for you to fuck off now, spammer.

c7sus,

Our old board did the same thing - as we expect the two new ones to follow in kind.

You're right about the wannabes, waiting to be "discovered". It just ain't never gonna happen, especially on the basis of 'talent'. Never did. It was ALWAYS somebody's bucks! In my case, Howard "Buddy" Mack's $$$, and later my own. Without his Past Master Grade management - as a business - we'd have lost our shirt at the outset and never had a clue as to why.

Our site is kept technically simple to accommodate those with limited 'puters and services. A lot of the world is still using baud-based modems, even though they are catching up at an ever-increasing rate. It's the site content that counts. It's all first-hand investigation or experience. The IIR did one hell of a job, revealing things I never heard out side the Board Rooms and didn't have a full handle on when I did hear. :-)

We don't solicit clients, we don't have to. And, we really don't care whether anybody does business with us or not. We have projects out the kazoo on our desks, and we turn down over 98% of them. Mostly because of obvious mis-management the potential client absolutely will not get rid of. Especially when their 'idea' is based on one of those never-did-work Beer Joint Baritone delusions this industry is so overloaded with.

We advise everybody to STOP SPENDING MONEY until they know what the hell they're doing! Any legitimate process that turns a profit is sound business. Even the DIYs who sell product out of their cases. If it works, dammit, it works! It's just that the "send-it-in" and "be discovered" delusions never-did-work. Jackass 'compilations' aren't any improvement. Legitimate main line radio despises them. And heaven help those who "get signed" and learn they've just been shelved. Happens all the time to the SKSMs (Stupid Know-so-Muches).

There ARE good deals out there, but you have to know WHAT is really going on with HOW this Best Of All Industries actually works to find them - and to avoid the shelving and other nonsense contracts. Any time we can prevent someone from being taken to the cleaners, we feel we've given something back to the industry. The best way to do that is information. Hard, right between the eyes first-hand experience TRUTH! Political correctness be damned.

Thanks for letting me know the banner-link is on the fritz, we'll get it repaired as soon as we can re-set the agenda.

TDA

Back