New to the DP-02

Rosenthal74

...ok well, new to recording in general to be honest. Anyway my drummer doesn't want to record his drums on a song all the way through, nonstop from beginning to end of the song (can't blame him I guess... gets hot in the jamroom). How can I record a portion of his drums onto a track and then copy that portion to carry over repeatedly. Also... is there a site that has a better run down on the instructions than what are already in the manual, basically an easier to read and understand version? lol. I've looked for tutorials on youtube, but there's nothing very significant.

Copying a section of drums and pasting it at the end of the recorded portion can be done on the DP-02, but it's a bit cumbersome (for my taste anyway).

As far as better instruction manuals, you've probably got the best thing out there with the factory manual. There have been many questions on here about the DP-02. If you have a question about something, do a search within this forum. I know I've answered a good handful of questions on it, along with some other fine folks handing out nuggets of info.

If you can't find what you are looking for (as far as how to do something on the DP-02), update this thread with a more specific question.;)

I would say yes to recording the drums in one shot, vs. having to try to piece together a few snippets. It would sound much more fluid to have one full track than to have some (possible) timing issues that wouldn't sound quite natural. Just my opinion of course.;)

Thanks again. That's what I was thinking really. It seems to me that recording the drums in sections would take away the fluidity of the drums and end up sounding unatural. I might try anyway... just to give me some practice in editing. For actual recording however, I think I'm going to take your word for it. Thanks. :)

Thanks again. That's what I was thinking really. It seems to me that recording the drums in sections would take away the fluidity of the drums and end up sounding unatural. I might try anyway... just to give me some practice in editing. For actual recording however, I think I'm going to take your word for it. Thanks. :)

You can always export the tracks and then import them into your computer to make it easier to edit. I'm lazy like that.:p

I would like to be able to take that option but I don't have the software for it.

Go download Reaper. It's $60 once you buy the license, but it is a free download and doesn't have a "time bombed" or neutered trial. It is fully functional and they just ask that you buy the license. I did and am very happy with the software.

In a pinch, Audacity for editing stereo master tracks (if need be), and Reaper for multi-track editing and mixdown/mastering. Both are free. Audacity leaves a little bit to be desired, but it's not a bad piece of software.

Go download Reaper. It's $60 once you buy the license, but it is a free download and doesn't have a "time bombed" or neutered trial. It is fully functional and they just ask that you buy the license. I did and am very happy with the software.

In a pinch, Audacity for editing stereo master tracks (if need be), and Reaper for multi-track editing and mixdown/mastering. Both are free. Audacity leaves a little bit to be desired, but it's not a bad piece of software.

Back