New to music production, advide would be appreciated!

dekodesigner

Evening all...

In a nut shell, I have been emceeing for over 2 years and I'm at the point where I can't find a producer that can do what I need doing, (UK producers aren't as advanced as US producers)

So basically I now have the $$$ and drive to produce my own music as I can't seem to find anybody who can do it for me.

I have Reason 3.0 - A yamaha mid keyboard, Tascam US-122 Audio interface and an MXL 990 mic with filter and stand.

I now want to start producing loops using reason and my keyboard as well a s producing my vocals on adobe audition.

What other eqipment would you advise I purchase in the following area (that is if i need them at all):

PA system?

Drum machine?

Laptop (apple mac, not too sure what is the best route to go for home studio and i'm currently using an Intel desktop).

Sampler?

Monitors?

Any advice on the above areas will be HIGHLY appreciated as I don't seem to have a clue what I need to purchase at the moment.

thanks, James.

You're probably actually good with what you got. You'll probably want some nice headphones (AKGs or Sonys) and then eventually monitors, but you don't know need those right away.

Reason is a good piece of software to learn because so many people use it. There are tutorials on here and other places online to help get you started. This forum is a great place to look for info and ask questions.

Good luck.

dekodesigner said:
Evening all...

In a nut shell, I have been emceeing for over 2 years and I'm at the point where I can't find a producer that can do what I need doing, (UK producers aren't as advanced as US producers)

So basically I now have the $$$ and drive to produce my own music as I can't seem to find anybody who can do it for me.

I have Reason 3.0 - A yamaha mid keyboard, Tascam US-122 Audio interface and an MXL 990 mic with filter and stand.

I now want to start producing loops using reason and my keyboard as well a s producing my vocals on adobe audition.

What other eqipment would you advise I purchase in the following area (that is if i need them at all):

PA system?

Drum machine?

Laptop (apple mac, not too sure what is the best route to go for home studio and i'm currently using an Intel desktop).

Sampler?

Monitors?

Any advice on the above areas will be HIGHLY appreciated as I don't seem to have a clue what I need to purchase at the moment.

thanks, James.

You got like 75%- 80% of what you need i would say next i would say make sure you got the right sounds if you are a sampler then its crate digging time. get pointer from the chop shop raticus , holla at beats buy and red kross for drums and instruments for reason. and just reamain active in this forum and you will get plenty of knowledge . also search the forum for a thread called reason 3.0 tips welcome to the neighborhood

Welcome ta the forum!

Ya, you got most of what you need. Just need some nice speakers, headphones and samples. I recomend KRK speakers. I like the roundness of the bass. Good headphones are the SONY MDR-7506.

I've been setting up Reason tutorials as of late and tips. We can help you out with any questions you may have. Everyone here gives pointers others may have left out.

Click here for tutorials:
LINK
Or here for tips:
LINK

Sup... Usin' Reason here too... We're all in it together round these parts...welcome

Thanks for the advice guys, it is highly appreciated.

I will browse the Reason 3.0 forum and hopefully gain some more knowledge for my productions.

As far as monitors go, I will look into some over the weekend and post which ones I go for.

Once again, thanks for the advice, at least i know i'm on the right tracks!

Back