new to MIDI: mpk25 in fl studio

ColdToTheTouch

I just bought an mpk25.. I know nothing about midi but want to learn. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to assign drum samples to the 4x3 mpc pads. I figured out how to assign one pad...but when I try to assign the next it changes them all to what I just picked. I'm very frustrated and want to give up already. I have the flstudio preset loaded in the mpk25..but lost from there. Someone heeelp! I know its 4th of july so I'm sure everyone has better things to do other than teach a midi newbie lessons. Happy 4th everyone!

Wonderful...I tried to watch a crappy vid on youtube on my phone(no internet here yet)...lost service halfway through.. Video won't load and now I'm not getting anything. The midi input activity light in fl studio no longer comes on

Ok...4th of july and I'm still the only one not doing anything festive. Lol. Well I'm alittle less frustrated. I messed with the asio setting which screwed it up. I did a factory reset in fl studio... Enabled my mpk25 in midi settings and I now have signals. I only seem to get the pads to run dif samples when running a synthesizer but still can't get my own drum samples to be assigned to each pad. I'm using wavs from a pack called beta monkey double bass mania. And I'm using individual drum samples right now. Not loops. I'm also noticing an issue with latency. I know this is lengthy and I apologize. If someone can help me with one of my many problems it would be very appreciated. Unless ur a doctor I doubt u can help me with the rest. Hahahaha jk

Back