New td3.........awsome

scotsman1

That’s me in the V-Drums club, sold my DTXplorer on ebay and bought
the TD3 today from soundcontrol. They had it on offer for £750 so I asked
about the reduction for cash, £50 was the reply….50 I said…you gave me 50
Off when I bought the Yamaha in February and now I’m spending more your
Only offering 50 I said. McCormack has it for 660 so surely you can do that price.
Ok the guy said.
They went to get it and couldn’t find the stand, could you come back tomorrow for the stand he asked me, nope I said, well we do had a TD6 stand but it’s more expensive, and
To cut a long story short I got the kit plus the TD6 stand for 680 so I’m overjoyed.
Just getting into it now and I can see the massive difference in quality, the DTXplorer
Is good but this one and with that awesome stand is brilliant.
10 outa 10 to soundcontrol for doing me a great deal

Check my kits........

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/balloch/

i got my td-3 used with a seat, foot pedal and a keyboard amp for $400 US. thats about 210 of your currency..

and i hate the onboard sounds, they suck. i use it to trigger into DFH superior.

I'm in Sweden and had a choice between buying the DTXplorers now, with the rack and kick pedal included, for 7000, or waiting some weeks until I could afford the TD-3KWs with a stand, which alone would have come out to 10 grand SEK, plus on top of that, having to buy a bass pedal seperately (some 1000 kr for a decent one) So screw that, I said after reading several reviews comparing the 2 kits. Later I can upgrade them with another kick trigger, buy another cheap pedal, and a pad which accept dual triggers if I am desperate for rimshot or cymbal choking capabilities - for about another 2000. I ordered the DTXplorers yesterday morning, waiting for the post to deliver. I think I will be very satisfied with my purchase especially considering I am mainly using them to trigger DFH. Plus I am waiting to see which set my friend bought, he may get the Rolands himself but he seemed pretty interested in the Yamahas too. I guess I would make a good salesman cause I've pretty much convinced 2 other guys to buy sets while figuring out which ones I wanted.

i always look for used stuff now. really, buying new sucks because if/when you go to sell, you always lose something.. the chances of you breaking even or even making money on used gear is really good.

i've made money on most of the used gear i've bought and then sold.

Buying new is more convenient for me at present. I'm only a resident here and don't know much Swedish so I hate having to deal with people to buy and sell stuff. I ordered my kit online, all I have to do is wait for it to come to the post office and go pick it up.

scotsman1 said:
That’s me in the V-Drums club, sold my DTXplorer on ebay and bought
the TD3 today from soundcontrol. They had it on offer for £750 so I asked
about the reduction for cash, £50 was the reply….50 I said…you gave me 50
Off when I bought the Yamaha in February and now I’m spending more your
Only offering 50 I said. McCormack has it for 660 so surely you can do that price.
Ok the guy said.
They went to get it and couldn’t find the stand, could you come back tomorrow for the stand he asked me, nope I said, well we do had a TD6 stand but it’s more expensive, and
To cut a long story short I got the kit plus the TD6 stand for 680 so I’m overjoyed.
Just getting into it now and I can see the massive difference in quality, the DTXplorer
Is good but this one and with that awesome stand is brilliant.
10 outa 10 to soundcontrol for doing me a great deal

Check my kits........

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/balloch/

Do you actually play or just set your kits up in different places and take pictures?

Back