new system

pcp

ok now i know that these posts are a dime a dozen but here goes anyway:
I'm about to build my first system, and with the help of my brother ive assembled a list of parts. i wanted to see what y'all experts think because ive never built a PC before and I dont know if im overlooking anything. anyways, here it is:

-Asus p4800s-x motherboard
-Pentium 4 prescott 3.2 ghz processor
-kingston 1 gb (512x2) ram ddr400
-ATI All In Wonder Radeon 9600XT 128mb (this is a dual monitor card right?)
-Maxtor 80 Gig 7200rpm 8m hard drive
-Maxtor 40 Gig 7200rpm 2m
-Floppy Drive
-Sony DVD burner
-Asus CD Rom Drive
-Windows XP Pro
-Atrix 400W power supply
Grand Total: $1008

I already have the Audiophile 2496. I wont need an additional sound card right? And it is possible to run those hard drives seperate (one for progs and os and one for audio) isnt it? does everything look compatible? also, im getting all the parts from newegg.com will i need to order any cables or will that all come with the parts? thanks for your time.

it does but you can use AMD and come out about 100 to maybe 200 or even 300 less. as for the hard drives...i heard using SATA will be a little faster. a standard issue no name cd rom drive could save a little bit too....what about the case? fans? if you can jump the power supply to 420...its not that much more. yeah the all in wonder is card is dual monitor i think...but unless you're trying to play some serious video games too (like me) you can pick up something like the e-vga nvidia something or other thats like 60-70 bucks. thats what i use and video games run just fine.

Back