New Studio

Brohnis

Hey there

My wife and I have been playing music together for a long time...have recorded a few bits and pieces professionally but never at home. Having a recording studio at home has always been a pipe dream and finally, two weeks ago we decided to set it up!

It's a fairly small sized box room with quite a high ceiling, which we've lowered with voile and old curtains, and then improved the acoustics with some cheap foam/duvets.

Equipment wise, we've invested in a Bluebird Microphone, t.c.electronic interface, a Nocturn 49 midi controller, two Rokit 6s and a new iMac.

Purpose wise? We just want to be able to lay down ideas/songs with acoustic guitar, electric guitar, vocals and obviously via the controller.

Just wondering your thoughts/advice and looking forward to getting stuck in here!

Tim and Becky Brohnis

Wow... two people typing as one...

Is it the same as playing a piano duet, or do you have specific keys that you're both better at? :laughings:

I think the most important thing you'll need to sort out with your studio is WHO MAKES THE COFFEE!

Good luck - I'll look forward to offering you vague and sometimes tangential advice when you have some questions you want answered... :)

The golden rule here is "Newbies buy the beer"...

Don't forget now!

Advise: read everything you can find here! You can read on why you should have bought 'other equipment' and whatever else may help you, too!

Many thanks for the welcome.

Armistice - it's a complex task but our minds fuse together somehow.

As mentioned, pretty much completely new to the whole home recording thing, so excited to learn lots!

Chat to y'all over the coming weeks/months/years!

Back