New studio from scratch... HELP!!!

GROOVEJIVEY

Hey folks-
I've already gotten a wealth of info just from the short amount of time that I've been hitting this website, & let me just say that this is pretty much the only site on the web that matters for the recording musician. Anyway, I'm soon to start construction on a new home, & I'm budgeting in enough $$$ to build a pro-level studio facility. I own my own business in the medical field, so suffice to say that I'm a VERY lucky man when it comes to having the time & $$$ to do what I want to do. I'm in desperate need of ideas, advice, etc., & I'm turning to the one site that matters. Any & all help & advice will be appreciated, as will any & all plans/schematic ideas. I will be posting pix once construction starts, to keep y'all in the loop as it goes along. Construction will be starting in the fall, probably sometime around September 15. That's the date I'm shooting for, anyway. It will be an integral part of the house, which I'm sub-contracting myself, as well as doing most of the electrical, plumbing, & drywall myself. I will be assisting in all phases of the building process, so I'll have pretty much total control over all phases/aspects of the project. Talk to me, lads, tell me what you think. Thanks in advance,
Groove.

Thanks, lads, this was quite helpful, Mr. Jones. The size of the space I'm looking to build is mapped out on the ground in about a 75' X 75' space. I intend to have all the wiring run in channel in the floor, & the floors for each room withing the studio itself I want to be isolated from one another. I still have tons of research to do, but I intend to mainly use it for personal, maybe some local bands, also. I'm still new to all of this stuff, but I've been a guitar/singer/songwriter for about 20 years now, just that I'm finally in a position to do what I want to do, how I want to do it. Thanks, & I'll let you guys know what's going on as it progresses. Thanks,
Groove.

Back