New Stereo Image Plugin -- freeware

XLR

______
Flux Stereo Tool

Haven't seen it mentioned yet at HR. Check it out.

http://www.fluxhome.com/index.php?op...20&Item id=36

Great sounding plugin. The first of its type I've heard that both sounds good - used judiciously - and is completely mono compatible. I've avoided stereo image plugs in the past because of the mono compatibility problem.

It intensifies or lessens the existing stereo image... as opposed to "stereoizing" a mono file like the MDA Stereo plug does.

I downloaded it and tried it out a little bit. Trying to get my head around what it does. I got some interesting results putting it on a reverb buss.

Thanks for the tip!
Also worth checking out it the "BitterSweet2" Transient plug-in (also free)

Haven't seen it mentioned yet at HR. Check it out.

Thanks for the heads up!

Question on the Bittersweet II... Would this be a type of Compressor? I'm not really getting what it would do. ....

OK, I found this...
"Turning the central button on the sweet side, decreases the transients amplitude. On the bitter side, the transients amplitude is magnified. Bitter-Sweet also features a control for the signal to be processed. When the main position is engaged, the process affects the stereo signal. If Center is engaged, only the M signal of the internal MS matrix is processed. If stereo is selected, only the S signal from the MS matrix is processed. Three transient detection modes can be selected. A varying period of integration for transients can be accessed. A Link function is available to compensate the output gain regarding the transient processing setting. As all Flux:: plug-ins it features 64 bit floating point processing, up to 8 channels and up to 8 FS (384 KHz). Center and Stereo Modes are only available in stereo (2 channels) processing."

Anyone want to expand on this...

Thanks,
B.

I played with the Bittersweet II plugin a bit also. It definitely does smooth or accentuate transients in an interesting way. I imagine someone could come along and do a long post describing M/S matrix and permutations of compression and expansion that the plug's doing. But I think this plug's usefulness is really more like voodoo than science:eek:, so I'd say just turn knobs until it sounds good and get to know it that way.

But I think this plug's usefulness is really more like voodoo than science:eek:, so I'd say just turn knobs until it sounds good and get to know it that way.

That was my take on it also. Just twiddle the knob. It does seem like it will be useful in some situations.

That was my take on it also. Just twiddle the knob. It does seem like it will be useful in some situations.

I've yet to play with it but I'm guessing it's like Waves TransX (though not as versatile) that I use, it's one of those "secret weapons" I like to use, I actually use it on all types of stuff, actually it's hard to think of anything which I haven't used it on at some point.

Check out this widener. I like its sound better then the flux. The flux has got super metering where the QuikQuak sounds better. I put the flux in bypass and used its metering to set the QuikQuak.

http://www.quikquak.com/index.html

Bob
Thanks, I'll check it out. The description on the site says it does saturation and EQ also, so it appears to be a different flavor of stereo processing than the Flux.

Back