New Soundcraft 200b; aux routing

slowmotion

So - I am the proud owner of a "new to me" Soundcraft 200b. It's a little 8 channel version... but it might just grow a couple of extra channels at some stage.

It has 4 aux sends, which I want to use (at least) one for reverb/effects. But there is no aux returns as such. There IS, however, 8 tape returns. Anyone happen to know if it's possible to use these, rather than routing back to a "proper" channel (seeing as I only have 8, it would be nice to keep them all free).

Sorry I'm just theorizing here; but I'll have to make up some leads, so just wondering if I go balanced, into a spare channel, or unbalanced into a tape return.

? No worries if no-one knows, I guess I'll try both eventually...

Yes, according to the manual, you can indeed use the tape returns as FX returns. (And, by the way, they are balanced.) Use the corresponding volume knob to set the return level in the two-mix. The RET button may need to be down.

Also, set your effects unit mix/ratio to 100% wet and control the amount of effect using the return volume.

Last edited:
Yes, according to the manual, you can indeed use the tape returns as FX returns. (And, by the way, they are balanced.) Use the corresponding volume knob to set the return level in the two-mix. The RET button may need to be down.

Also, set your effects unit mix/ratio to 100% wet and control the amount of effect using the return volume.
Haha! Most excellent! Thank you very much. Printing the manual now!

Back