New soundcloud artist. Need advice on getting word out about music.

This forum is for those doing home recording. If you're trying to get people to listen to your music and become 'fans' this is not the place.
Soundcloud is a place to host your music, but that's it. Soundclick will get your some new listeners, but it's intrusive.

If you want new fans you need to get your music in front of people - that means playing in front of them - gigging. There are ways of getting people to listen to your recorded music - Tunecore, CDBaby, Pandora, Spotify, etc but its a slow process.

You need "fans" that aren't musicians. Trying to establish a fanbase by promoting yourself to other musicians will get you nothing. If you wanna "get the word out" via internet, harass your friends and family through social media and maybe you can sucker a few of them to help you spread the word.

I think you should actually use soundcloud and listen to other peoples music. Leave them real comments that show you are being sincere and not just spamming to get clicks. They will listen back, I always do when I have a comment or new listener and I have found a collaboration for myself and discovered a few incredible artists in the last week alone.

Also I disagree about needing non musicians as fans. I'm a 30 year old music teacher and if told my friends a new band is good they really take my words seriously. It's funny because opinions are just opinions, but an artist or band the cool rocker guitar guy tells everyone about gets listened to.You want the bands respect because they have the non musicians respect and do the promoting for you.

Nope - musicians are not going to put you on the charts. The only people on SC are musicians. Get on YT and make a viral video of you jumping off a house into a pool at a crazy frat party.

Nope - musicians are not going to put you on the charts. The only people on SC are musicians. Get on YT and make a viral video of you jumping off a house into a pool at a crazy frat party.

Make sure there's blood. No blood, no clickity click.

Back