New Soundcard

sonnylarsen

OK, so I'm finally going to actually pick up a decent soundcard. Right now I am planning on getting the Delta 1010, although there is still time and I am keeping the C-Port in mind. My question is, where is the best place to buy one(Delta1010) online? On musicians friend they are going for $599 and I know I've heard of them cheaper than that.

Oh yeah, and my band needs a little more in the analog input area, so I was thinking of getting an Audiophile to add 2 additional analog ins. Would this work?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you can chain Delta 1010's together - I'd do that before getting a different card. At least, make sure you talk to M-Audio first to make sure it'd work.

You could probably get a C-Port with an additional breakout box (16 analog inputs) for around the same price as the 1010 and an Audiophile. Might want to check that out too.

Seanmorse79 said:
I'm pretty sure you can chain Delta 1010's together - I'd do that before getting a different card. At least, make sure you talk to M-Audio first to make sure it'd work.

You could probably get a C-Port with an additional breakout box (16 analog inputs) for around the same price as the 1010 and an Audiophile. Might want to check that out too.

Check this thread:
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=63530

There have been lots of issues with linking M-Audio soundcards together under Windows 2k/XP. Be sure to check the thread and the other links in there before you attempt to use more than one M-Audio soundcard at once.

Which breakout box would I get for the C-Port? It looks to me like I would pretty much need to buy a second C-Port setup. What I really need is just a few additional input. I am wondering if I couldn't just find a DAC/ADC converter in some form or other that would allow me to use the optical I/O as well as the analogs.

Yup. I'm pretty sure you'd need another ADC/DAC 2000 or an ADC III - you'd probably have to order it -maybe from Mars.

Either that, or you could get a small digital mixer, or use something like the J-Station, which has digital outs - I think the Pod might too.

you mean the M-Port? It looks cool as hell. Balanced inputs, channel inserts, 8 pre's, the whole 9. It's supposed to be available this month, but I haven't heard anything yet. I'm curious how much it's going to be.

Back