new songs

Hey man. I listened to "No Vacancy" from the "Deux Nuances de bleu" effort. I figured that was the most recent, right? I'm thinking maybe you haven't gotten a lot of responses because there's like, 6 albums worth of stuff on your site. Kind of intimidating. I mean, it'd take some of our members up to 3 Weeks to record 6 albums' worth of material (B.SABBATH); it takes me that long just to listen to it.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I dug the sounds you're getting out of the acoustics on this tune. I won't offer any mix suggestions, b/c it looks like you're pretty much done mixing, eh?

I'm thinking I'd like to hear you alter the melody on the verses to give it some dynamics. I'm gonna' listen to more.

Bye

[edit] Listening to Labour Of Love - I'm thinking your 64 bit rate is selling your sound short. I'm not scared of larger files :D Anyway, I'm still wanting more of a changeup in the melody, but I'm not really a blues guy AT ALL. Thanks for posting.

Hangman's Hollow is pretty cool......I like the stuff from Black Cat better than the new stuff on the new CD. I also like the stuff on Primal Urges. There's too much stuff here to give very detailed critiques but, in general, I like it. For some reason the earler stuff seems better to me. I'm sure it's just my bizarre taste but that's what I hear. I just took a quick listen to most of it because I don't have time to listen all the way through on every song.

Thanks for the replies. I should have given a little more detail I guess, I'm new to this! But basically I wanted a critique, of the songs. I was initially putting a page up for each CD we finished, but I found I didn't update the pages much. We write and record in a basement, using a Yamaha MD4S, Roland XP-10, Fenders, and nice old Regal resonator on the Hangman's Hollow song. We don't really promote CD's other than this website, basically just do it for fun...

Thanks for the responses and criticisms!

Back