New songs from my band, The Premier.

geet73

OMG!
Some of you may remember my band, The Premier, who I've posted here a billion times. Here are our three newest song that we're putting in a few(40 to be exact) press kits to send out to labels along with our EP. Let me know what you think of the recording, the production, and the songs themselves. Try not to be toooo harsh. :)

Scenes From When I Was in Love -

There Can Only Be One Intercontinental Champion (and the Heartbreak Kid Wants his Belt Back) -

I am the Atlantic -

Recording info:
Mics > Behringer DDX 3216 pres > Terratec Phase88 > Cubase SX2
Kick - D112 inside, SP B1 outside of the front head
Snare - SM57
Toms - Oktava MK319s
OHs - MXL 991s in ORTF
..and an EV 635A about 5' in front of the kit.
Guitars - Schecter C1 Elite > Peavey 5150 > Behringer 4X12" Stereo cab > SM57
Bass - Fender Mexi P-bass > Sansamp Bass Driver
Vocals - BLUE Dragonfly (Not mine. I wish...)

Thank you for your time.

Note: These mixes still need a few tweaks.. but they're damn close to done.

Last edited:
Cool tunes. Especially liked the Intercontinental one.....but all were pretty cool.
Ed

i love the tunes, the only thing that bugs me is that the guy that sings most of "scenes from when i was in love" has the same style in every song (even in the old ones). it always seems like hes saying "she (verb) to the (noun) very (adverb)". i like his voice and it really keeps the music from being typical to that style, but when he does it in every song it gets a bit lackluster.
anyway, these are amazing mixes that hold strong on their own, i can only imagine having them pro mastered would really make em explode.

Well your band doesn't believe in drowning the vocals in loud music, I see!

Scenes From When I Was in Love - I don't care for it at all. Very interesting implementation of multi-layered vocals. I like the arrangement of vocals.
There Can Only Be One Intercontinental Champion (and the Heartbreak Kid Wants his Belt Back) - I like this one. This sounds like something I would turn the radio up for. I like the guitar work on this. :)
I am the Atlantic - I like the starting a lot on this. I really really like the sound of guitars on this. The snare has that Maroon 5 sound that I think sounds cool. :)

Mixwise:
The guitars seem a touch low. Or let me re-phrase. I wouldn't mind hearing them a little louder.
The Bass sounds a little thin on my system that makes everything sound muddy and full and boomy. I can clearly hear it but it just sound a little thin.
The drums level on the last song is cool. On the first two I thought they could be raised a little.

I'm saying this from a customer perspective. If I were going out and spending money on a CD, that's the kinda sound I would really dig. :) I'm by no means expert and all that I said is how I see it. I hope you will not mind the honesty. :)

Nick The Man: My drummer and I were really happy with how the kick came out. The only EQ on that is a low pass at 500hz on the outside mic and a tinnnnny boost at 5khz on the D112.

trey: I'm not sure who you're referring to. My bassist write all the lyrics, so I'll keep in mind to read over them and look out for that sort of thing.

systmovadown: The drums were a few kits thrown together. The kick was 22" Pearl Export kick with an Aquarian Super Kick II batter and a Remo Coated Emporer resonant. The high tom was a 10" Yamaha Stage Custom with a Evans G2 Clear and a Genera Resonant. The floor tom was a 16" no name Japanese kit from the '60s with a Remo Coated Emporer batter and a random resonant head. The snare was a 14"X6" Pearl Export steel shell snare with a Remo something. It was a brown head. Orchestral or something.

It's all in the tuning.

The cymbals were:
-14" Zildjian A Newbeat hats
-18" Sabian AAX Dark Crash
-20" Zildjian A Custom Ping Ride(Used as crash)
-20" Zildjian A Brilliant Ping Ride(Used as ride. This is NOT an A Custom. It is the most incredible ride... ever.)

Bubba: Honesty is what I'm looking for! Thank you.

I just finished going through and changing a few little things here and there. I'll post the final mixes when they're done. I definitely agree with you, though.

Thank you for your time.

I listened again...
It seems like to me (EHH :confused: )

maybe the cymbals are a little too low? Maybe raise em just a little teeeny whheeeny bit??

maybe it just seemed to similar to the older songs you had up, or maybe the chorus just repeats so many times in that song that gets overbearing. i wouldn't go calling the dude out on it or anything, its just a little strange. funny thing is that in my initial reply i was gonna say "the bassist" but then i realized i had no clue who it was, other than he seemed like he would the bassist!

Here are the final versions.

http://www.thepremier.outburst8.com/Junk/The Premier - Fall 2005 Demo/

Here's the mound of presskits.

pkits.jpg

Back