New Song

great song! what mic did you use on the vocals? i think that you may just have a little "too" much revurb on the vocal. and add a hall revurb a little bit on the drums. other the that, it's a great song!

zeke

Thanks, Zeke! I used a S.P. C-1 on that song. As for the verb, I am a recovering reverboholic, but I am improving - now you can at least hear the lyric!:D

awwww... that is so sweet sounding. wonderful vocal performance. in my head i was hearing some female back-up vox during the chorus.

Buffalo Bob, wow man that was some outstanding vocal work there. Nice tune nice recording nice everything. That C1 sounds fantastic, may have to check into one...Thanks

WOW! nice vocal....very C1-ish (thats good).......

song and lyrics are beautiful.....

Dads and daughters. Seems to be a trend here. Hope it continues.

That was a real nice vocal. I like the sound of that mic with your voice too. Good combination. Just a little too much verb.

Twist

twist said:
Dads and daughters. Seems to be a trend here. Hope it continues.
No kidding. Let's see, there's Triple M's tribute, then there's Gidge's ditty for his angel, and there's THIS excellent tune from Buffalo Bob, and...let's see...what else was there? Seems like there was another tune involving somebody's daughter somewhere... Oh well, it'll come to me.

Hey man, GREAT work on this. The vocal does sound excellent...I think the percussion's just perfect for this; rounds it out nicely.

:D
-chris

Truly a great song!
Man Bob,you can Really sing.

I agree with the Charlie Rich comment on the chorus,but your a little better!

I'm a big big fan of good,(older),country music.
If I heard stuff like this on the radio,I'd start buying albums again.
No doubt about it.

They just don't make this kind of country music anymore.
This is the real stuff!

Have you submitted a demo anywhere?
If not,you should.
This has real potential!

Can't tell you how much I enjoyed this,thanks!

Pete

i`m impressed Bob. theme is good, nice singing and playing, clean smooth mix. That mic catches it all too. Smooth enough you probably don`t need the verb. I hope more to come.. :) they already said some support vocals in small places would lift it a bit.
Easy to kick back and listen to..

Ahh.... :p ... some "Pachebel's Canon"-ish stuff in the intro... synths sound a bit dated, but that's the only crit. Acoustic sounds wonderful... vocal performance is good; great emotion... the wifey probably gave you a large... hug after hearing this the first time :)

Mmm.... mind if I use this song on any unsuspecting young female pigeon in my life? :D

Cool.

Chad

"Mmm.... mind if I use this song on any unsuspecting young female pigeon in my life? "

Feel free. Tell her you wrote it "just for her". Guanandamnteed!

Wow! What a vocal track! Great job. The part that needs the most work is the drums. I'm guessing it's some sort of old Soundblaster? Well, I know you're a recovering reverb-aholic, but this song NEEDS big reverb on that stick hit. :) Your hit hat and toms are also too quantized.... I'm guessing you may have clicked the drum beat onto a staff with a mouse.... Try playing the hi hat and tom parts in on a keyboard. If you don't have a musical keyboard, there are some programs that let you use your typing keyboard to enter midi notes. Then just go in and make sure the accented hits are louder than the rest by editing the midi parameters. Finally, come up with another 2 or 3 drum fills and intersperse them in the song so the drums don't repeat as much.

Still....wow does everything else sound great!

I took a look at a picture of my wife and daughters while listening. Got a nice feeling. Thanks for letting us hear this.

It's so pretty. Nice voice. Great instrumentation. Can't think of a suggestion.

I wanted to share this...

I had a frusterating night last night. I got a new amp. I've been playing around with it for a couple of days, did some test recordings, got some sounds I liked, etc.

Last night, with the family out of the house, I was going to get a couple of hours to get some guitar tracks down for a new song. I spent two lousy hours unsuccessfully trying to recreate the sounds I was getting a few days back. Two hours and not one note of progress. Damn I was pissed.

Then the family came back. No more recording. The kids got into a little spat. I yelled at them at the top of my lungs. Put them to bed. I went to bed grumpy, and woke up this morning still pissed off.

I listened to this song, took a look at a picture of my family, and was reminded of what's important and what's trivial. Funny how we so often confuse the two.

When the kids woke up, I hugged them and apologised for yelling. I was assured that, "We understand, daddy."

So thank you Mr. Buffalo for helping me screw my head on straight.

As far as my music, there's always tonight huh?...

Back