New Song!!

I dont know what to say, I quite liked it but I'm not that good at analysing and it didnt help that I was listening on my laptop - sounded good though :)

Not too bad. There's a lot of mush and mud in the lows between the kick and bass. I'm suspecting it's probably mostly the bass. It's very prominent and pretty overpowering. The kick is kind of boxy. Vocals and guitars sound really good. Just tighten up and seat the bass gtr better and you'll be in good shape.

I have to say, when I post my first song on here, I'm going to get a lot of constructive criticism - most which I will need to be explained on how to do.

Pretty good! I think it's well written song. I can second Greg's post, but can't say too much about the bass--I listened with speakers that don't have any good low end. Vocals and guitars are right on, in my opinion. The drums need the most work, especially those toms; the kit sounds really flat and dry. I would say the only drum element that's spot on is the hi-hats, they're nice. Another suggestion would be to add in some layering elements to add more dynamics in the chorus and such.

Ollie - Thank you, i share your love for avenged sevenfold... but get over the rev thing.. its been nearly 3 years :P.

Greg.. I agree... i am very displeased with the kick drum.. seems to be a lot of attack and not a lot of tone. and there seems like there's some mid's in the bass that could stand to get cut out. as far as the vocals go, i think there should be less delay over all during the verse.

Soundprizm.. thanks for the kind words the drums definitely still need some touch ups. the snare is a bit dry, i agree. the toms could use a bit of a tweak but i dont think the kit sounds "flat" at all. i think if i get the snare a little wet and touch up the kick as aforementioned, and give a slight boost to the toms i'll have it sitting where i want it. generally i'd ask you not to tell me to add parts, but since there are going to be backing vocals added to the chorus i will agree with you in this case.

but its so saaaaad, if the drummer from my band died I would want people to forget. I know thats not what you're implying, but its not like I ever go on about it, just a line of words on a website where no one knows me.

Pretty much what Greg said, and I'd also add some reverb to the snare and toms.

But reverb's a personal taste thing, you might prefer it dry.

Pretty much what Greg said, and I'd also add some reverb to the snare and toms.

But reverb's a personal taste thing, you might prefer it dry.

I don't have much to say about the overall mix beyond what's been mentioned - but I especially liked the vocals - great voice, recording and effects - top notch stuff to my ears...

I liked it, very nice voice and I liked the arrangement and tune

I thought the bass sounded fine...but ive been listening to bass all day so I might be immune to it

I thought the vocals could come up a little and I didnt like the drums Im afraid, the kick is definitely a bit boxy, even the snare sounds a little thuddy...Im not sure of the fix as I just load another sample in generally, lol

otherwise I liked it

Paddy - as stated before i do need to wetten up the snare a bit and get some reverb on it

Duffy - Thank you!! i'll get it mixed up a bit more and resubmit it

KCearl - yea i do need to address the kick, i was never really satisfied with it. the snare im pretty happy with, i think it just needs a bit of reverb. I try to stay away from samples.

Hey. I think low mids have built up here to unnecessary proprotions.

The vocals are really well done obviously. Some real talent there and I think they are well captured. The guitars sound good.

I like the bass part and the tone, but just maybe it's a little too loud? The drums seemed too dull sounding and the kick was especially loud with maybe too much thud? I dunno, just my impressions. I think the performances all around are good, just that the mix in general could be a little lighter and brighter in some areas to better match the vocal track.

Ollie - Thank you, i share your love for avenged sevenfold... but get over the rev thing.. its been nearly 3 years :P.

Greg.. I agree... i am very displeased with the kick drum.. seems to be a lot of attack and not a lot of tone. and there seems like there's some mid's in the bass that could stand to get cut out. as far as the vocals go, i think there should be less delay over all during the verse.

Soundprizm.. thanks for the kind words the drums definitely still need some touch ups. the snare is a bit dry, i agree. the toms could use a bit of a tweak but i dont think the kit sounds "flat" at all. i think if i get the snare a little wet and touch up the kick as aforementioned, and give a slight boost to the toms i'll have it sitting where i want it. generally i'd ask you not to tell me to add parts, but since there are going to be backing vocals added to the chorus i will agree with you in this case.

I took another listen on some better speakers with some low end; it helped quite a bit. I'm gonna have to correct myself with what I said about the drums being flat, I think it's more of an issue of them not cutting through the mix; kinda like they're muddy--missing a bit of sparkle. It could be that the bass is fighting a little bit with them. I didn't mean to step on your toes about adding parts, man; just a suggestion. I just felt myself wanting a bit more climax--that comes down to personal preference though. Not necessarily adding parts, just layers, like background vocals as you said. Again, great tune!

I liked the singing. Real nice voice. A few of the "big" notes really pop out though.

To me, the bass and the kick were a little too loud. Especially the kick. To me the drums have too much of the individual mics in the mix and not enough of the overheads. Cymbals might be just a bit on the dull side - not enough high end.

I liked the distorted guitar sound.

Some crackles around :28 - :30.

good ears trip!!! i didnt even notice until you pointed it out!!! im sure i would have seen the tracks clipped and faded em out for the final draft because i look for that, but good ears!

I have to agree, the vocals are kick-azz. Well done. As far as the effects go, just mess around with them and you'll find a sweet spot eventually. I really enjoyed the song and I mix a little dry too..haha!!!

Back