New song

hey macle - as usual a great effort. I noticed that this one does not have that high end sheen and well defined mids of other stuff of yours that I've heard over the years. The main vocal also seems a little low, which is def unusual for you. The playing, instrumentation, and writing etc is all good in my book.

jimmys69-Thanks!

chuckduffy-Hi Chuck! Hmm, I'm always doing things differently, trying to find a way that seems to work. So, maybe this isn't it? :eek: The whole mixing thing is still very much a puzzle and a mystery to me. I have no idea about the high end sheen or the mids! When you say the vocal is low, do you mean in volume? I had lowered it just before mixing down. Thanks very much for checking it out.

jimmys69-Thanks!

chuckduffy-Hi Chuck! Hmm, I'm always doing things differently, trying to find a way that seems to work. So, maybe this isn't it? :eek: The whole mixing thing is still very much a puzzle and a mystery to me. I have no idea about the high end sheen or the mids! When you say the vocal is low, do you mean in volume? I had lowered it just before mixing down. Thanks very much for checking it out.

Hey macle - it seems to have a lot less high end .and the individual instruments don't have the clarity in the mids/mix that they do in all your other recordings I've listened too. Pop this one in a playlist of some of your other tunes and see if that makes sense. The main vocal volume level was too low to my ears - i like your voice right out front cause it's a good voice :-).

So, I'm not 100% clear....is she in love? :p

Yeah, I guess a bit goofy, but in a good way. Vocals sound awesome on this.

The performances and arrangement in general are great.

I think I kinda agree with chuck on the mix. If I hadn't heard other stuff from you I might not think this, but it does seem maybe a bit dull sounding overall. The drums in particular seemed muffled. Could use more high end definition maybe. Excellent work though.

I think I kinda agree with chuck on the mix. If I hadn't heard other stuff from you I might not think this, but it does seem maybe a bit dull sounding overall. The drums in particular seemed muffled. Could use more high end definition maybe. Excellent work though.

Yeah - I think I first heard macles stuff about 8 years ago (??) when he dropped some stuff for feedback in an audio forum I used to run. Sound quality always blew me away. Yeah the drums in particular sound 'blanketed'.

Hey Heatmiser and Chuck,

Like I said, mixing is still very much a puzzle to me! :wtf: And every time I do a song, I'll spend way too much time mixing and re-mixing and thinking at some point that I've had a breakthrough where now I "get" it...but...I don't get it!

This is the second mix on this one, maybe the first is better. I abandoned that one because I thought it was too effected and over done. Maybe my monitoring is way off.

This one is also a very Paris mix, where I tried mixing into the red and all that. And I also did the mastering in Paris.

I think, Chuck, those ones I did a long while ago were some sort of beginner's luck!

Thanks very much Heatmiser for checking it out, I appreciate the comments on the music and vocals.

And thanks Chuck.

-Macle

Seems the mix is crowded in the upper bass region, 300-500 hz. -4 db somehwere around there will let the mids breathe a bit more. Possibly only on the bass gtr and snare?

Good luck on this! i defiantly like this (to me) quirky song idea! Nice chorus!

Seems the mix is crowded in the upper bass region, 300-500 hz. -4 db somehwere around there will let the mids breathe a bit more. Possibly only on the bass gtr and snare?

Good luck on this! i defiantly like this (to me) quirky song idea! Nice chorus!

Thank you for that. I will try it. No matter how much I do EQing, it's still very much a guessing game for me. Thanks a lot!

Very well crafted as usual. I really like the percussion in the verses to give it that latin? feel. My first thought was the sound was a bit muffled as has been mentioned, I think it's the snare that doesnt have that crack. Vocals sound great with lots of layers and movement. Enjoyable listen.

puscookie-Okay.

Stratomaster-Thanks very much for checking it out.

Here's mix number 2, well mix 3 really : she'sinlove

The one on the left is the old one, and the one on the right is the new one. Hopefully it's an improvement.

Thanks very much to anyone who can stand to listen again.

Excellent as always brother, that chorus is perfect for a teenage romance movie. Great production work!

You know what this one reminds me of, M? Fastball.

Listened to the second mix. You're done ... imo ... anything from here only you will hear.

Hi Kev, thanks very much! Is there anything better than being done? Appreciate it very much.

chandlerhimself-Thanks a lot!

I'm late on this one, but just want to say I think it's another great tune and mix. I haven't heard a single song of yours that isn't fantastic. You've got major-league talent.

Oh, by the way...how do you play fish?

Back