New Song

danny83

If you don't like the "sensitive singer/songwriter" type then I suggest you turn back now as this is a "mushy" love song written for my girlfriend for her birthday.

The song is still in rough form. I have yet to add a second guitar (you'll notice the spot for for guitar solo right before the bridge), and maybe a re-mix/re-take depending on the feedback I get here and from some friends.

Any feedback including constructive criticism is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :)

**EDIT**

updated link:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=624183

- backup guitars added today

Last edited:
Great....I posted it right and everything. Triple checked it, still doesn't work.

Looks like its time to find another free online host for music, since this has been on and off like this for weeks. Any recommendations? I'm really not into soundclick.

Good song. You got a nice sound of the acoustic.

Vocals sound real good, too. Can't really think of anything to criticize, sorry. :(

danny.guitar said:
...Can't really think of anything to criticize, sorry. :(

Hey no prob danny, I guess thats a good thing right?

I'm sure someone will help me out with some constructive advice, right guys?? ;)

personal opinion, i think you should roll down the low end a tad, the vocals sound great, there are some parts where it sounds like the guitar is a bit too loud compared to the vocals, i love the live "feel" you managed to get. now you just nead drums and perhaps a keyboard/synth. great job :D

i hate the love songs that sound fake, like half the pop songs out there, but this one sounds true.. again, good kob!

Roll of OR tighten the bass end of the guitar sound is my only suggestion.
If you use a multiband compressor you should be able to tighten it up so it doesn't boom & gives the bottom end some defintion.
Nice song. Hope she liked it.

Yea, definately do a high pass at something like 100hz on that guitar. The guitar actually sounds pretty damn awsome. What mic did you use to capture that bad boy?

Good vocals too... Sounds like just the right amount of reverb. Maybe a tad bit of compression could help level the vocals out just a bit though.

So I gave the song to my gf on a cd and she liked it. Thank you guys so far that have commented on my song, and thanks for the encouraging words and constructive advice.

wetteke said:
not my thing!

That's the good thing about music wetteke. You can either take it or leave it, and noone will make you listen to it, but I thought I described the style pretty well in my first post when I said, "If you don't like the sensitive singer/songwriter type then I suggest you turn back now."

That was you're cue. :rolleyes:

Back