New song

I like the feel of the piece after 1:47 when the classical gtrs take over (first solo, then duo, then w/other things done minimally).

There's an audible edit point around 2:00 you might want to tweak.

Tim

Guitar good, synth bad

The guitar is lovely, but the synth just sounds cheap like a casio or something. I would look at either possibly using different effects or maybe some clever amp micing? Guitar is sweet though.

undrgrnd studio said:
The guitar is lovely, but the synth just sounds cheap like a casio or something. I would look at either possibly using different effects or maybe some clever amp micing? Guitar is sweet though.

That is about how I feel...and I'm not a purist, that is I'm open to synths doing strings and horns but these synth sounds just seem to be "in my face" in a negative way...maybe try bringing the synth sounds down a bit and give them more "atmosphere" with some more reverb, making them sound further back in the mix while letting the guitar be the prominant instrument thoughout the song.

mawtangent said:
maybe try bringing the synth sounds down a bit and give them more "atmosphere" with some more reverb, making them sound further back in the mix while letting the guitar be the prominant instrument thoughout the song.

They are really above the guitar, and why do that when you have such a beautiful guitar sound and such shitty synth sounds. Or maybe you want that...
:confused:

That guitar really sounds great. I have a pair of 603s myself I had no idea that they could get such a good acoustic sound. I'm gonna be tracking a band that has a couple acoustic songs in about 2 or three weeks I'll make sure to give these a try instead.

I love the song its beautiful, just the synths kinda take away from that a bit.

Good job,

Ben

Sounds like Steve Hackett. The strings sound nice (if a bit loud). I'd take out the brass though - just sounds incongrous to my ears. Sans brass, or even just the guitar(s) alone would be nice to hear.

Okay folks...i've heard from everyone how the guitar synth sounds like crap..including the wife..so they really must be. :D

Anyway, have another listen...i redid the song with nothing but acoustic guitars with a touch of synth left over...
Yeah, the classical guitar does sound great, 603 matched pair is pretty good huh.

Thanks again. :-)

Back