New song

littlefish

Hello, :)

I rarely write love songs but I didn't have any money and it was our
14th anniversary so I wrote this one. And its not a ballad......
it sounds familiar however..... is that a good thing ?

Please Check out "She's Still Lookin At Me"
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=319503
and let me know what ya all think. I think its lost in time somewhere.

I am the vox and guitar.... my partner is the Mixologist, Bass and
other stuff
Thanks
John
1/2 of
Krill Banks Conspiracy

Hey,
If this makes sense, I think it sounds a bit familar because it's poppy. There's nothing wrong with that. For your occansion here, a poppy/happy sound is very fitting. That's the kind of mood you want her to get out it, something she can connect with and know "you're happy to be with her"

I like the mix and the overall feel of the track. I guess one thing I notice is that it's hard to understand the lyrics at points. Maybe some EQ work or so would clear them up a bit.

Cheers, I think she'll dig it. Writing someone a song is a good idea, very personal :)

littlefish said:
Hey Snake.....
Thanks for the listen and comments.......wow... the vox is STILL too buried at points...? .... thought we had it up front...more than I'm confident with...
glad you liked it
John

Sure ;)
I actually didn't mean to say the vocals were buried. I think they sound loud and up front... I was just commenting that I had trouble understanding the lyrics at points. That just might be me though ;)

SnakeDog5050 said:
Sure ;)
I actually didn't mean to say the vocals were buried. I think they sound loud and up front... I was just commenting that I had trouble understanding the lyrics at points. That just might be me though ;)
I agree, I also had this issue. Around certains parts, I felt the pronunciation was given in to the swing of the music a little too much to where the words were either hard or impossible to understand.

But if you're the one singing it for the person sitting next to you, there's no problem explaining or just singing it out loud. It could even be a good discussion point later. :)

What do I know, I don't have a girlfriend. :)

Thanks

Thanks for the Listen everybody...

Ok I admit it ...I SHHLLUUURR my words....sometimes.....
You should see the mic screen ......ickky
Thanks again
John

Back