New Song

axeman69

Here is a song that I wrote that is sort of a throwback to the '80s.

The song is titled 'You Don't Know Me'

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/lincolnhighwaymusic.htm

Drums are a combination of NSKit and an Akai MPC1000 samples driven by DR008.
Bass is DI.
Guitars are ADA MP1 Direct to the console.
Voc chain is MXL990 -> RNP -> RNC -> M-Audio Delta 1010.
Mixed ITB in Sonar Producer 3.1.1. w/Sonitus, Timeworks, Lexicon Pantheon, and PSP VW Plugs.

Any criticism appreciated.

This has a real 80's Hair Metal feel to it. Please don't take that as a critisism, your track rocks. I really like the vocals. I would have prefered a "real" drum kit - but I am a drummer, so there you go.

Great work, it sounds real professional.

Dave.

Dave52 said:
This has a real 80's Hair Metal feel to it. Please don't take that as a critisism, your track rocks. I really like the vocals. I would have prefered a "real" drum kit - but I am a drummer, so there you go.

Great work, it sounds real professional.

Dave.

Dave,

Thanks for listening. It was meant to have the 80s hair metal feel. So I'll take that as a compliment. I love the decade of decadence (sp?).

I agree that it needs a live drummer. But that's not an option right now. I've recorded drums in my basement studio. It's hard to get a good sound from that room. Low ceilings. I have to basically tear the place apart to get a half way decent sound.

This one was pretty much just for fun. I currently play country music. Which, in my opinion, is more of a challenge than today's rock music. Plus I like vocal harmonies. I'm actually the third vocalist in my band.

Guitars could use some 'grunt' to them... probably due to MP1 to console. I never liked the MP1 myself. Shrill.

Overall I'd like to hear some more upper mids and a sweeter high end.

Pretty good effort though, even if it isn't up to Dokken standards. :)

Back